AL MOCK DRAFT FIRST DAYS IN MARCH (if possible... :) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AL MOCK DRAFT FIRST DAYS IN MARCH (if possible... :)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AL MOCK DRAFT FIRST DAYS IN MARCH (if possible... :)

Postby menyak » Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:56 pm

Hi guys,

So we didn't forget about that AL only Mock Draft we were planning, but we're currently struggling to find the time. There's just incredibly much stuff to do around this time of the season (paint the Cafe walls, wash the dishes, make coffee, etc. etc.), and, although we are ashamed to admit it, we DO have a life beyond baseball (unbelievable, but true! :-b ) so coordinating everything isn't all that easy...

Here's the idea: I thought that maybe you guys could take care of the AL mock draft on your own? I guess that many of you know how it works, a lot have already enjoyed a previous draft, you know where the chat room is, and you know what the mock draft results look like.

So what we need is a volunteer who likes to be a little bit more bossy than the rest, who will jot down the draft results in a file (any format will be fine) and send it to Arlo or myself.

Of course, you'd all have to agree on an ideal time. As far as I'm concerned, to get the results up as quickly as possible it would be cool to have the draft either this (!) Saturday or Sunday. I know that's an extremely short span (maybe even impossible?), but I believe that most of you won't have enough time during the week, and the following weekend will already be pretty late.

In addition, we'd be looking for 10-12 teams for that draft (as always), and possibly a couple of sign-ups as alternates once the draft is full. Drafts consist of 23 rounds and take appr. 4 hours.

The assumed league format will be 5x5 roto (categories: avg, r, hr, rbi, sb; w, sv, k, era, whip). Lineups will consist of:

1 C
1 1B
1 2B
1 SS
1 3B
3 OF
1 Utility hitter

7 P

Daily roster changes are assumed, with a limit of 162 games per hitting slot and 1450 innings pitched. All teams will have to reach a minimum of 725 innings. Bench players may be chosen without regard to position (see here for position eligibility). Minor leaguers and players from the other league may be drafted, but will not provide stats until they join a team of the appropriate league. This is a non-keeper league.

As I said, the draft will be conducted via our chatroom, with a two-minute time limit on picks. Experience is not required, but of course you should have time for the entire draft before signing up.

Hope this works - if it does, enjoy! ;-D If it doesn't, no problem (hey, this is totally experimental!), we'll simply try to find a different solution! :-)
Last edited by menyak on Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:52 pm

i can't draft AL since i havent scouted much so i would only be goin' off a cheat sheat. %-6 But if we get a time set up i'll come by and jot down the picks and other interesting stuf that goes on. just let me know ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby catcher-03 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:59 pm

i can wat time
catcher-03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby catcher-03 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:01 pm

saturday night
catcher-03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

I'm in

Postby yanomee » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:20 pm

im in im in im in im in
8 o'clock tonight! or maybe 9 :-/
yanomee
T-Ball Trainer

I'm Good

Postby slugger297 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:22 pm

I'm crazy about baseball this is my sport and i cant loose ;-D ;-D
slugger297
T-Ball Trainer

Postby menyak » Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:26 pm

DHC, thanks for the offer ;-D (I'll make a positive remark in my secret red booklet ;-) ). Everybody else - thanks as well! There will be NO draft tonight, I simply came up with this idea too late and it's highly unlikely that there will be 10 folks by the time suggested. Sorry 'bout that. Let's just wait a few more days - if we get the necessary signups by the beginning of next week, cool, if we don't, we already have plan B cooking on the stove. Looks like cwebb's gang would be willing to do the mock draft for us, but of course the traditional public Cafe-style draft would be slightly more... well, traditional. :-D
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby catcher-03 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:33 pm

cant we do it tonight its my only free time this week
catcher-03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers