Standard Rotisserie Totals to Win Category? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Standard Rotisserie Totals to Win Category?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Standard Rotisserie Totals to Win Category?

Postby rmande09 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Sorry for the poor wording, but I'm looking to see if there has been or will be any type of gathering of statistics to determine the AVERAGE amount of something necessary to win a category in a standard rotisserie league (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, UTIL; 2 SP, 3 RP, 2 P) with the standard 5x5 categories. Meaning... What is the usual amount of home runs it would take to get 12 points, or the total RBIs to get 12? Thanks a lot guys, I apologize if this has already been asked.
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 972
Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Standard Rotisserie Totals to Win Category?

Postby roninmedia » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:58 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/mlb/new ... lle_031607

The following is the average stat total for each category winner, again taken from default public roto leagues from the 2006 season.
Code: Select all
R     HR     RBI     SB     AVG     W     SV     K     ERA     WHIP
858   232    833    125    .290     79    111   1,031  3.80    1.26
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 1647
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Standard Rotisserie Totals to Win Category?

Postby rmande09 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:52 pm

Perfect - thank you!
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 972
Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Standard Rotisserie Totals to Win Category?

Postby suppasonic » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:00 pm

It would be a lot more useful if they included the standard deviation for each category.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 1321
Joined: 8 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Over thurr.

Re: Standard Rotisserie Totals to Win Category?

Postby Field » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:48 pm

suppasonic wrote:It would be a lot more useful if they included the standard deviation for each category.


Very true. There was also a thread on this a while back where someone collected data from Cafe members who participated in Roto leagues and posted the findings. I tried searching for it, but was unable to locate it - maybe someone else might have better luck finding it?

At first glance, the 3.80 ERA seems pretty high to actually win the category. I would expect it to be closer to 3.60 or lower in competitive leagues.

Saves and SBs probably have the highest standard deviations given that one person can really focus on one of the categories and bring either up to around 200.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 2549
Joined: 4 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: NH

Re: Standard Rotisserie Totals to Win Category?

Postby suppasonic » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:55 pm

Field wrote:
suppasonic wrote:It would be a lot more useful if they included the standard deviation for each category.


Very true. There was also a thread on this a while back where someone collected data from Cafe members who participated in Roto leagues and posted the findings. I tried searching for it, but was unable to locate it - maybe someone else might have better luck finding it?

At first glance, the 3.80 ERA seems pretty high to actually win the category. I would expect it to be closer to 3.60 or lower in competitive leagues.

Saves and SBs probably have the highest standard deviations given that one person can really focus on one of the categories and bring either up to around 200.


Yeah, I remember that thread too. Another thing I dont like about Yahoo is that a lot of their numbers come from bad/inactive managers.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 1321
Joined: 8 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Over thurr.

Re: Standard Rotisserie Totals to Win Category?

Postby CadensDad » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:28 am

suppasonic wrote:
Field wrote:
suppasonic wrote:It would be a lot more useful if they included the standard deviation for each category.


Very true. There was also a thread on this a while back where someone collected data from Cafe members who participated in Roto leagues and posted the findings. I tried searching for it, but was unable to locate it - maybe someone else might have better luck finding it?

At first glance, the 3.80 ERA seems pretty high to actually win the category. I would expect it to be closer to 3.60 or lower in competitive leagues.

Saves and SBs probably have the highest standard deviations given that one person can really focus on one of the categories and bring either up to around 200.


Yeah, I remember that thread too. Another thing I dont like about Yahoo is that a lot of their numbers come from bad/inactive managers.



Yea you should only use numbers from privately owned leagues to get your stats in my opinion
Image

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5977
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Standard Rotisserie Totals to Win Category?

Postby Broncmet724 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:59 am

The thread you are asking about is in the Frequently Asked Questions section on the Board Index. The thread was started by Rynman I believe it was off the top of my head and I don't think he ever posted the total avg he got from whatever submissions he received.
Image
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1754
Joined: 8 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On the outside looking in


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apz, uphonnandam and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Miami
(12:40 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at Milwaukee
(2:10 pm)
NY Mets at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Houston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Baltimore at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact