Top 10 closers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top 10 closers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Top 10 closers

Postby laxguy8947 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:47 am

1. Papelbon
2. K-Rod
3. Nathan
4. Putz
5. Rivera
6. Wagner
7. Cordero
8. Saito
9. Jenks
10. Hoffman
Image
Thanks to abrage22
laxguy8947
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 918
Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cheering for the Braves in VA

Re: Top 10 closers

Postby mpoland92 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:34 am

no love for borowski??? the guy had the second most saves, granted he had a high era but he got the job done, he atleast deserves a top 10 spot- I would say around the 7-10 area at the least....
Image


What I post is my OPINION, I have never said I was a expert, you asked for help, I gave you my help.
mpoland92
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 409
Joined: 16 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Nebraska

Re: Top 10 closers

Postby IllinoisBandit » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:43 am

mpoland92 wrote:no love for borowski??? the guy had the second most saves, granted he had a high era but he got the job done, he atleast deserves a top 10 spot- I would say around the 7-10 area at the least....


Can anybody detect the sarcasm in this post? I can't find any, but I'm pretty sure it should be there.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 615
Joined: 29 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 10 closers

Postby Esen » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:23 am

Where does Kevin Gregg fall into all of this.

I realize he is not top 10.
But he did a decent job last year for what he had to work with right?

Would you say he will be a dependable closer at all next year.
Does he have any potential to be a top 10 Closer?
~Erik
Esen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 374
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 10 closers

Postby laxguy8947 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:10 pm

Esen wrote:Where does Kevin Gregg fall into all of this.

I realize he is not top 10.
But he did a decent job last year for what he had to work with right?

Would you say he will be a dependable closer at all next year.
Does he have any potential to be a top 10 Closer?


In short, no. Even guys not on the list like Soriano, Capps, and Corpas, all have a better arm than him.
Image
Thanks to abrage22
laxguy8947
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 918
Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cheering for the Braves in VA

Re: Top 10 closers

Postby Zito is God » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:35 am

Where does BJ Ryan fit in this year? Tremendous stuff before his injury but interesting to see how he responds to the recovery.
Image

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4169
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

Re: Top 10 closers

Postby abrage22 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:52 am

wheres valverde on these lists!?!?! didn't he like lead the league in saves last year??? i must be missing something :-L :-B
Image
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3753
Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 10 closers

Postby jfg » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:44 am

Well, he's on Houston now. Garner doesn't have Lidge there anymore to play around with but I liked Valverde a lot more in a Diamondbacks uni. Houston's 2008 season is a tough one to predict and the saves situation might be even more tough. I don't think I can place a guy on a team like Houston in my top 10. Definitely a sleeper if you can call him that.
Image
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 10 closers

Postby CadensDad » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:59 am

jfg wrote:Well, he's on Houston now. Garner doesn't have Lidge there anymore to play around with but I liked Valverde a lot more in a Diamondbacks uni. Houston's 2008 season is a tough one to predict and the saves situation might be even more tough. I don't think I can place a guy on a team like Houston in my top 10. Definitely a sleeper if you can call him that.



My thoughts on him as well, The more I tweak my list the more I see him around number 13-15
Image

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5977
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheTrith and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact