Looking for an auction/keeper league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking for an auction/keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for an auction/keeper league

Postby Curtis Pride » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:06 pm

So ideally:
* Live auction with the vast majority of the league in attendance
* existing league looking for elite competition; The league is filled with equally knowledgeable and ACTIVE owners.
* at least 10, preferrably 12 teams
* age range roughly 30
* Ideally in New York City, but I would be open to go to the 'burbs of NYC if need be (Jersey, Queens, Brookly, Staten Island, etc) for the auction, if need be.
* keeper, not redraft league
* there's a minor league component as well
* MLB universe
* standard 5x5 cats for the most part (not interested in a 10x10 league) but other flavors like OPS, OBP, QS, etc are fine, just don't want 20 categories
* prefer roto to H2H
* hopefully it's a "money" league of at least few hundred $ buy-in

note: I will be out of the country from 3/25-4/12 (but will have some access to my team), and have plans already on 3/22 so I couldn't make a draft that day.

If you think your league may be close to matching the above, PM me or post here with any constition or more color about the league (obviously covering some of the issues noted above)

I'd be fine taking over an existing team or joining a league from scratch.

Yes, I'm incredibly active and knowledgable.
Last edited by Curtis Pride on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for a NYC league

Postby THE DYNASTY KILLERS » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:27 pm

N.L. only keeper league, Roto 5x5, been around since 1984. Average owner spends $400-$500, payout to top 5 spots (1st made $3,100 last year). Minor leagues, FAAB budget, trades, contract extensions..the whole deal. Very competitive with owners who stay on top of their teams all year. Live auction draft in Yonkers the week the season starts. If you want more info, email me Bigkendoll1@yahoo.com and put fantasy baseball in the subject. It sounds like we have exactly what you are looking for.
THE DYNASTY KILLERS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Curtis Pride » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:48 am

still looking for a league with a live auction in New York.

I am not looking for an AL or an NL only league.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ergrisier » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:01 am

Curtis,

I am the commissioner of a metro NYC based 5x5 mixed keeper league. There are currently 13 teams in my league and I am looking to add at least 2 new teams. My league has been in existence for 10 years and is very competitive (average 30+ trades per year).

Free agents are picked up via a bidding process (similar to the FAAB format) and there’s an in-season salary cap ($170/$350) that covers a team’s entire roster (25 active and 6 reserve). Live auction draft ($260/25 players) to be held in Fairfield CT on March 29th and league entry fee is $150.

If you are interested please send an e-mail to my home address (ergrisier@hotmail.com).

Eric
ergrisier
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby fearthemunky » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Sheeit! In my league we have 30+ trades in a good week!
fearthemunky
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Curtis Pride » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:54 pm

30 trades in a week is a laughable league.

The CT league sounds exactly what I'd be looking for, however I'm going to be in Australia on the 29th. Unfortunately, can't make the draft.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fearthemunky » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:44 pm

Well I was exaggerating a little bit on that one. But my point was that the guy was acting like 30 trades in the league for the season was some huge number. Out of curiosity I counted them and the league made 33 trades during the draft (our draft was 10 days long), 14 deals before the season started, and 111 during the season. Mind you it's a 20 team league.

I've played in leagues that aren't very active and no-one wants to trade. Personally I think those leagues suck d**k. I prefer guys being interactive and playing hardball. On the other hand I was in a league where there was easily 500 trades during the season and even I have to say that was way over the top.
fearthemunky
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby THE DYNASTY KILLERS » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:46 pm

Hey I see you are still looking. I know you didn't really want NL only, but we have one spot left in our league. Draft April 4th in Yonkers NY. If you change your mind, let me know.
THE DYNASTY KILLERS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CT Smash » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:33 pm

Curtis Pride, are you still looking for a mixed league auction/keeper/w minors/etc. league?
CT Smash
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Curtis Pride » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:34 pm

yup, if it's a live auction - though I'll be unavailable after the weekend of March 16th.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Classifieds