RYAN BRAUN A RISK?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

RYAN BRAUN A RISK??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: RYAN BRAUN A RISK??

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:43 am

Broncmet724 wrote:Very true, but how many of those guys are there? 2 every 10-15 years, if that? I'll go with the "low end" if you want to call it that, which is still really good for a second year guy. And if he does .300 30 100 100 15, that leaves a bit of room to improve,you know?

Braun seems like a great talent, I honestly kept waiting for him to come back to earth, and to an extent he didn't. I thought Butler from KC was the best hitting talent coming out of the minors, or so I had thought I read.

If he goes .320 45 120 110 20 great, but until he does it the first time I won't be the guy buying him in the first round. I won't see him on any of my teams because I won't take him in the first 3 or 4 rounds. He'll probably end up being worth it, but before I'd spend a high pick on him he has to do it again <shrug> I'd rather go with someone who I know what I'll get (good numbers proven over a few years) than the possiblity of great numbers. There's a chance he'll fall flat on his face, which I doubt. I'll take Pujols, Manny, Wright, Utley, or someone who's proven what they are capable of. Just my philosophy.

Oh, I won't be taking him in the first round either, I agree with you. Since I'm a Wisconsinite and play in leagues with multiple Brewer fans, I'm positive I won't get him this year. First 4 rounds though? Where do you have him ranked amongst 3B? I currently have him 4th, and under the assumption that A-Rod, Miggy, and Wright will come off the board very early (first round), does the next 3B not come of until after the 4th round? Just curious.

My point was only that I think he does have enormous upside; the things he did as a rookie, when most players struggle at least a little, were silly. I do think Bill James is a bit over-optimistic, but as a Brewer fan, I would love it if it happened.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers