CURT SCHILLING - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CURT SCHILLING

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CURT SCHILLING

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:12 am

Much like I asked of Pete Rose, please shut the hell up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3162329

Curt.......You had your chance to have an effect on this subject more than 2 1/2 years ago. You had diarrhea of the mouth before you were in front of Congress and folded up like a $2 suitcase once you were before them. You have no credibility and people stopped taking you seriously years ago.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CURT SCHILLING

Postby mweir145 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:03 am

He really should just shutup, I have no idea why he feels the need to talk about these things. It would be great if one day he's actually caught of doing something similar to Clemens. It's all well and good for him to go and talk about this stuff in front of the media, but there is a reason Jose Canseco called the guy a liar and a hypocrite after the Congress hearings.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:07 am

It has nothing to do with me being a Yankee fan but I so wanted him to be on "the list".
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:04 am

in schilling's defense, its not like he was on espn craving attention or anything like that. its his own blog, and if thats the way he feels, thats the way he feels.

in no way am i a schilling fan, and i agree that he should probably not comment about things like this...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:13 am

No wonder they think he'd make a good politician, he's the biggest flip-flopper I've ever seen.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby nsulham » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:29 am

Everybody knows he loves the sound of his own voice. So why even pay attention? If you don't want to listen to him because you think he's a gasbag then don't. No one's forcing you to.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby LukeW9027 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:09 am

I hate Curt Schilling.

That is all.
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby PerfectTen66 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:58 am

Even though I think Curt Schilling is wrong on this subject, I will not get on his case too much. I think he has the right to write/say what he wants on any given topic. Everybody does. We just pay more attention because he is a famous pitcher. He loves the spotlight, and this demonstrates that. Hey, it's that same quality that makes him an outstanding playoff performer.
PerfectTen66
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:05 am

Schilling = Moron
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tavish » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:17 am

PerfectTen66 wrote:Even though I think Curt Schilling is wrong on this subject, I will not get on his case too much. I think he has the right to write/say what he wants on any given topic. Everybody does. We just pay more attention because he is a famous pitcher. He loves the spotlight, and this demonstrates that. Hey, it's that same quality that makes him an outstanding playoff performer.

Try writing a blog about how you really feel about your work and all your co-workers, see if your employer feels you are entitled to write on any topic you want.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers