Damn I can't wait much longer for Yahoo!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Damn I can't wait much longer for Yahoo!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Joe Mauer » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:03 pm

now wait a second here....there is life outside of Yahoo?

hmmmmm.....I'm not so sure about this thought process. It's like those people who say the world isn't flat and that it revolves around the sun. Those people are just crazy. Everyone who is sane knows that the world is flat and that the sun revolves around the earth and that there is no life outside of Yahoo.

:-b ;-7 :-D

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 685
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:25 pm

9:25 pacific time and Yahoo still hasn't opened. :-/
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

re

Postby flamingmoes » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:28 pm

I'm not an expert businessman - far from it - but it seems Yahoo is only biting themselves in the foot year after year. With CBS and ESPN, among other places, now open for weeks... Yahoo sure won't be getting the bulk of the business from fantasy players.... many of which are probably already signed up elsewhere
"We are in such a slump that even the ones that are drinkin' aren't hittin'."

- Casey Stengal
flamingmoes
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

User avatar

Posts: 5
Joined: 10 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Plattsburgh, NY

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:29 pm

IF I READ THAT 2004 SEASON COMING SOON MESSAGE ONE MORE TIME I AM GOING TO TAKE AN ALUMINUM BAT TO MY COMPUTER SCREEN %-6
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

Re: re

Postby ironman » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:49 pm

flamingmoes wrote:I'm not an expert businessman - far from it - but it seems Yahoo is only biting themselves in the foot year after year. With CBS and ESPN, among other places, now open for weeks... Yahoo sure won't be getting the bulk of the business from fantasy players.... many of which are probably already signed up elsewhere


True, but unlike the other sites Yahoo is free to play. So all of us cheapskates will still wait for Yahoo.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 97)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby PigEyesWilly » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:57 pm

No matter when yahoo opens, they will still have the same amount of registered users as previous years. The way yahoo runs their leagues, it is remarkable that it is FREE. Although, they better open freaking soon
PigEyesWilly
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

User avatar

Posts: 15
Joined: 10 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bristol, CT

Postby L0rdB23 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:07 pm

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/baseball/baseball-19.html

this is from last year so u can figure itl be wed or thurs this year
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 591
Joined: 19 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Williston Park, NY

Postby Mr.Cocky! » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:09 pm

Yahoo will not open untill Thursday Feb.19.
The best there is, was, or ever will be, it's me!
Mr.Cocky!
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Get'in it on like Donkey Kong!

Postby tlef316 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:10 pm

PigEyesWilly wrote:No matter when yahoo opens, they will still have the same amount of registered users as previous years. The way yahoo runs their leagues, it is remarkable that it is FREE. Although, they better open freaking soon

im pretty sure they can keep it free because of all the advertising space that they sell. fantasy sports bring alot of trafic to the site, so they can charge more for advertising space. that being said, its still excellent that they keep it free.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1735
Joined: 3 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: central jersey

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:26 pm

tlef316 wrote:
PigEyesWilly wrote:No matter when yahoo opens, they will still have the same amount of registered users as previous years. The way yahoo runs their leagues, it is remarkable that it is FREE. Although, they better open freaking soon

im pretty sure they can keep it free because of all the advertising space that they sell. fantasy sports bring alot of trafic to the site, so they can charge more for advertising space. that being said, its still excellent that they keep it free.


not to mention they get from Fantasy Baseball Plus and add-on services like Stat-Tracker.
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ayebatter, Izenhart and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Jul. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact