Return to General Talk

another Spears baby

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

another Spears baby

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:56 pm

...but this time little sis Jamie-Lynn is the culprit. gotta love Louisana :-B

Jamie Lynn Spears says she's pregnant
Wed Dec 19, 6:00 AM PST

Another Spears baby is reportedly on the way -- and it's not Britney's.

Jamie Lynn Spears, the 16-year-old "Zoey 101" star and sister of Britney, told OK! magazine that she's pregnant and that the father is her boyfriend, Casey Aldridge.

"It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected," she said. "I was in complete and total shock and so was he."

Spears is 12 weeks along and initially kept the news to herself when she learned of the pregnancy from an at-home test and subsequent doctor visit, she told the celebrity magazine, which hits stands in New York on Wednesday and the rest of the country by Friday.

What message does she want to send to other teens about premarital sex? "I definitely don't think it's something you should do; it's better to wait," she told the magazine. "But I can't be judgmental because it's a position I put myself in."

After she found out from a doctor that she was pregnant, she said, "I took two weeks to myself where I didn't tell anybody."

"Only one of my friends knew because I needed to work out what I would do for myself before I let anyone's opinion affect my decision. Then I told my parents and my friends. I was scared, but I had to do what was right for me," she said.

Spears broke the news to her mother, Lynne, just before Thanksgiving, the magazine reported.

"She was very upset because it wasn't what she expected at all," Spears said. "A week after, she had time to cope with it and became very supportive."

Lynne Spears, already grandmother to Britney's young sons, told the magazine: "I didn't believe it because Jamie Lynn's always been so conscientious. She's never late for her curfew. I was in shock. I mean, this is my 16-year-old baby."

She said her actress daughter, the telegenic heroine of her popular Nickelodeon series, has known Aldridge for years and began dating him in high school.

But in a recent interview with The Associated Press, Spears said she had no steady boyfriend. "I kind of just keep my options open," she said. "I have a bunch of friends that I always hang out with, a bunch of guy friends." She declined to talk about her older sister.

Spears spoke to the AP shortly before Thanksgiving, the day she told OK! she informed her mother about the pregnancy.

Jamie Lynn plans to raise the baby in her home state of Louisiana -- "so it can have a normal family life."

Nickelodeon released a statement: "We respect Jamie Lynn's decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation. We know this is a very difficult time for her and her family, and our primary concern right now is for Jamie Lynn's well being."

A publicist for the network did not immediately respond to phone and e-mail requests for additional comment.

"Zoey 101" is scheduled to conclude its third season Jan. 4 with a cliffhanger episode in which Spears' character must decide whether to leave her fictional Pacific Coast Academy boarding school in California to join her parents in London.

The show is scheduled to resume in February, and its producer, Dan Schneider, has said filming on the fourth season has already been completed.

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: another Spears baby

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:11 pm

Dude's 19, right? Isn't that... um... you know... illegal? :-o
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:24 pm

You can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl, that's what I always say. B-) :-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:28 pm

I found an article that said she though she was pregnant, and the article was posted back in July.

Sounds like she didn't learn from her almost-mistakes. :-/
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:30 pm

What a fine role model the Spears family is becoming for all the trailer trash out there. ;-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:47 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Image

Dude's 19, right? Isn't that... um... you know... illegal? :-o

He looks like a complete tool. Statutory rape laws are state laws aren't they? I don't know Louisiana's laws.

EDIT:
http://opa.osophs.dhhs.gov/titlex/statu ... _lewin.pdf

According to this:
Felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile - Basically sexual intercourse with someone older than 12 but less than 17 where the defendant is at least 19

New question: Would the Spears family have to press charges for this or could the state?
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:58 pm

I believe the state is the only one that can in those cases. The family can bring it up to the state, but as far as the state law applies, the state has to prosecute it. The family only has the option in civil court, I imagine (if this would even be applicable there).
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby YerInUrine » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:19 pm

Haha yeah I saw this... awesome. I feel bad for the kid already.
YerInUrine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:29 pm

YerInUrine wrote:Haha yeah I saw this... awesome. I feel bad for the kid already.

I laughed particularly hard at this comment almost completely due to the face in your av.

Can you imagine that guy talking down to anyone? :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby YerInUrine » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:38 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
YerInUrine wrote:Haha yeah I saw this... awesome. I feel bad for the kid already.

I laughed particularly hard at this comment almost completely due to the face in your av.

Can you imagine that guy talking down to anyone? :-D

That is a picture of me when I was younger. What is wrong with my picture anyways?
YerInUrine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk