100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

PETE ROSE

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: PETE ROSE

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:17 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
dclark0699 wrote:I say he gets in.

I don't see how betting ON YOUR OWN TEAM is really such a bad thing. I understand the rules prohibit it, but it isn't like you are betting on the other team and then throwing the game. Betting on yourself seems like it would make you play harder, so where is the problem?

Betting is the worst thing possible. It gives fans the idea a game could not be legit.

And, what if he endangers a pitcher by keeping him in longer because he has $$ on the game. You can't tell me that there is no harm on betting on your own team.

HOOTIE wrote:
apz wrote:I don't know think there is a way to know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that the stats would back roids being more effective than stimulants. The players obviously think so or they wouldn't risk their health, careers and freedom to take them.

Guess which substance (roids or greenies), the players union fought hardest to keep from being tested?

Greenies.

2004 was the 1st year roid testing was done. Greenies still were not tested for yet, thank the (MLB players union).

2005 was the 1st year greenies were tested for.

Now ask yourself why would the players want to keep their greenies more then their roids?

Greenie use by most accounts was higher then roid use.

162 games is a grind. Roids won't make you alert at the plate. Help you feel peppy (day game after a night game).

Won't steroids aid in recovery time from injury, soreness, etc.??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:46 am

apz wrote:
Yoda wrote:
apz wrote:I don't know think there is a way to know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that the stats would back roids being more effective than stimulants. The players obviously think so or they wouldn't risk their health, careers and freedom to take them.

Again, you might be right but I am positive that you are severely underestimating the affects of amphetamines.

That may be. We should ask Mwier. Apparently, he's an expert. :-b

Judging by a few of your posts, I seemingly know far more about this than you do.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:06 am

mweir145 wrote:Judging by a few of your posts, I seemingly know far more about this than you do.

And neither of you is an actual expert so can we please nip this before it becomes a pissing contest??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:28 am

Lofunzo wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Judging by a few of your posts, I seemingly know far more about this than you do.

And neither of you is an actual expert so can we please nip this before it becomes a pissing contest??

I've never made any outright claims, nor have I said anything incorrect to my knowledge. I don't have to be an "expert" in the topic to have written what I've done here.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby apz » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:03 am

Lofunzo wrote:

Done.
apz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 32)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers