Clemens = Liar Liar Pants On Fire? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Clemens = Liar Liar Pants On Fire?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Did Roger Clemens Lie About Taking Steroids Today?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:37 pm

Absolutely no doubt about it - YES!
42
72%
Maybe
3
5%
No , he is an honest man
2
3%
I like pop tarts :-S
11
19%
 
Total votes : 58

Re: Clemens = Liar Liar Pants On Fire?

Postby Tavish » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:30 am

in10s wrote:
JTWood wrote: ...
"But sir, I only watched pron at work once, and I did it to help my work productivity."

I'm sure those will go over very well. ;-D


I watch pron at work all the time and I've never gotten into any trouble at all. :-o Sorry, I couldn't resist... I know typos just happen and I should have let it go.


I'm fairly certain Pr0n wasn't a typo. You have officially taken a step back in your Grammarian training.

I don't blame any of the players on the hot seat right now for saying anything or nothing at all. If they do say something it just sounds like a canned response written by their publicist and no one believes them anyways.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11067
(Past Year: 34)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Clemens = Liar Liar Pants On Fire?

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:38 am

Tavish wrote:
in10s wrote:
JTWood wrote: ...
"But sir, I only watched pron at work once, and I did it to help my work productivity."

I'm sure those will go over very well. ;-D


I watch pron at work all the time and I've never gotten into any trouble at all. :-o Sorry, I couldn't resist... I know typos just happen and I should have let it go.


I'm fairly certain Pr0n wasn't a typo. You have officially taken a step back in your Grammarian training.

Tav got it. ;-D

It is sometimes used in legitimate communications (such as email discussion groups, Usenet, chat rooms, and internet web pages) to circumvent language and content filters, which may reject messages as offensive or spam.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Clemens = Liar Liar Pants On Fire?

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:43 am

in10s wrote:
JTWood wrote:
"Honey, I only cheated on you once, and I did it to help our family."
"Your Honor, I only robbed one bank, and I did it to help my family."
"But sir, I only watched pron at work once, and I did it to help my work productivity."

I'm sure those will go over very well. ;-D


Don't know why I'm adding to the porn analogy in my last post. But I realize I have more to say and that JTWoods other statements actually illustrate the opposite of what he wants them to say. I think his statements show how I believe right and wrong is not always so clear cut.

Are these people equal?

Yes. How many times they did it and the reason for their motivation do not change the fact that they all committed an action to which they knew there were consequences.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Clemens = Liar Liar Pants On Fire?

Postby in10s » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:36 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
in10s wrote:
JTWood wrote:
"Honey, I only cheated on you once, and I did it to help our family."
"Your Honor, I only robbed one bank, and I did it to help my family."
"But sir, I only watched pron at work once, and I did it to help my work productivity."

I'm sure those will go over very well. ;-D


Don't know why I'm adding to the porn analogy in my last post. But I realize I have more to say and that JTWoods other statements actually illustrate the opposite of what he wants them to say. I think his statements show how I believe right and wrong is not always so clear cut.

Are these people equal?

Yes. How many times they did it and the reason for their motivation do not change the fact that they all committed an action to which they knew there were consequences.


I'll basically agree with that, they both committed an action with consequences. But aren't the severity of their actions different? Shouldn't the consequences be different? Or is every "crime" equal?
in10s
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 210
Joined: 7 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Clemens = Liar Liar Pants On Fire?

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:46 pm

in10s wrote:I'll basically agree with that, they both committed an action with consequences. But aren't the severity of their actions different? Shouldn't the consequences be different? Or is every "crime" equal?

Aren't they going to be punished differently? :-?

I don't see anyone demanding that these players' wives divorce them. Wait. Is divorce a punishment or reward? :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Clemens = Liar Liar Pants On Fire?

Postby 05worldserieschamps » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:28 pm

Im not saying this to defend Clemens' integrity, but his intelligence. Surely, after what has just happened to Bonds, he wouldnt deny it in the way he did if he really did take steroids. They had him using them pre 2002, so the punishment shouldnt be extremely harsh, so why lie? Im going against the grain and saying he is telling the truth. I just cant see how someone could come out and say this, and if he is lying, then he is dumb and he will get caught.
Is pushing for President Obama to pass a law requiring all citizens to be Chicago White Sox fans and make October 1st "White Sox Day" where we all dress as our favorite player. It maybe socialist, but I don't care.
05worldserieschamps
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1059
Joined: 2 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Kentucky

Re: Clemens = Liar Liar Pants On Fire?

Postby apz » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:35 pm

05worldserieschamps wrote:Im not saying this to defend Clemens' integrity, but his intelligence. Surely, after what has just happened to Bonds, he wouldnt deny it in the way he did if he really did take steroids. They had him using them pre 2002, so the punishment shouldnt be extremely harsh, so why lie? Im going against the grain and saying he is telling the truth. I just cant see how someone could come out and say this, and if he is lying, then he is dumb and he will get caught.

He says it so people won't attribute his stats to steroid use. There are also those that won't vote him into the HoF if they think he was using PEDs. Let's see if he testifies before congress under oath. Is he as stupid as Palmiero?
apz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 556
(Past Year: 33)
Joined: 31 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Re: Clemens = Liar Liar Pants On Fire?

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:23 pm

apz wrote:
05worldserieschamps wrote:Im not saying this to defend Clemens' integrity, but his intelligence. Surely, after what has just happened to Bonds, he wouldnt deny it in the way he did if he really did take steroids. They had him using them pre 2002, so the punishment shouldnt be extremely harsh, so why lie? Im going against the grain and saying he is telling the truth. I just cant see how someone could come out and say this, and if he is lying, then he is dumb and he will get caught.

He says it so people won't attribute his stats to steroid use. There are also those that won't vote him into the HoF if they think he was using PEDs. Let's see if he testifies before congress under oath. Is he as stupid as Palmiero?


Technically Palmeiro wasn't lying if he didn't use steroids before he testified. He only tested positive afterwards.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Clemens = Liar Liar Pants On Fire?

Postby apz » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:37 pm

Yoda wrote:
apz wrote:
05worldserieschamps wrote:Im not saying this to defend Clemens' integrity, but his intelligence. Surely, after what has just happened to Bonds, he wouldnt deny it in the way he did if he really did take steroids. They had him using them pre 2002, so the punishment shouldnt be extremely harsh, so why lie? Im going against the grain and saying he is telling the truth. I just cant see how someone could come out and say this, and if he is lying, then he is dumb and he will get caught.

He says it so people won't attribute his stats to steroid use. There are also those that won't vote him into the HoF if they think he was using PEDs. Let's see if he testifies before congress under oath. Is he as stupid as Palmiero?


Technically Palmeiro wasn't lying if he didn't use steroids before he testified. He only tested positive afterwards.

And I'm the king of Norway. :-D
apz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 556
(Past Year: 33)
Joined: 31 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Re: Clemens = Liar Liar Pants On Fire?

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:48 pm

apz wrote:
Yoda wrote:
apz wrote:He says it so people won't attribute his stats to steroid use. There are also those that won't vote him into the HoF if they think he was using PEDs. Let's see if he testifies before congress under oath. Is he as stupid as Palmiero?


Technically Palmeiro wasn't lying if he didn't use steroids before he testified. He only tested positive afterwards.

And I'm the king of Norway. :-D

Stamfar,

Kunne jeg tigge av du en sjenerøs donation av kontanterene, jomfruer, eller begge ?

:-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp, cardsfan, unioreimi and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Tampa Bay at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Washington at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Detroit at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Baltimore at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
NY Mets at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact