Have you guys seen Duel? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Have you guys seen Duel?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Have you guys seen Duel?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:16 am

i watched it again, but DVR'd this time so i could skip those pesky commercials...i like the show, but have yet to find one likeable contestant...i really dont like the Fireman guy

i hope the fat guy who looks like Penn Gilette wins
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:29 am

I watched this for about a half hour last night. The premise is okay I guess, as far as gameshows are concerned, and I don't even mind the commercials--I doubt there's many more than most similar programming. But I cannot stand the faux suspense and tension. It's ridiculous. Also, the stupid banter after the contestants lock in their answers, between questions, and while selecting a new contestant really drags. I could deal with the commercials if the game actually moved along at a decent pace between commercials.

I really like Mike Greenberg on Mike and Mike in the Morning...he's fairly clever, insightful, humorous, self-depreciating, etc. But on the Duel he's none of those. He's just an awkward talkshow host who really brings nothing to the table.

This could be a pretty good show, but in its current state, it fails miserably.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dclark0699 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:54 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Don't you mean "Deul"?

It's Definitely Duel ;-D
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:29 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i watched it again, but DVR'd this time so i could skip those pesky commercials...i like the show, but have yet to find one likeable contestant...i really dont like the Fireman guy

i hope the fat guy who looks like Penn Gilette wins

I agree, all of the contestants have rubbed me the wrong way. The first woman was all like "I want all women in the final 4" or whatever they call the 4 top people. And then she kept picking women, and it was like middle school. Then the hillbilly buy gets up there talking about how he is going to prove that he was smart, while I'm thinking if you were that smart you probably would be doing something the required a degree. So he wins and declares he is picking the rocker because of "man power". :-P
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stevethumb » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:22 pm

at one point last night, between commercials and faux suspense and moronic banter and who will be the next 'duelist', they asked ONE question in 21 minutes !!!!! this is a game show ?!?! one freakin' question ?---interesting concept but very poor execution...pick up the pace and this may be a hit

the only way to watch is DVR and speed thru the 'drama' and the commercials
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby YerInUrine » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:15 pm

stevethumb wrote:at one point last night, between commercials and faux suspense and moronic banter and who will be the next 'duelist', they asked ONE question in 21 minutes !!!!! this is a game show ?!?! one freakin' question ?---interesting concept but very poor execution...pick up the pace and this may be a hit

the only way to watch is DVR and speed thru the 'drama' and the commercials

I love how they built up the suspense with "we will pick the next duelist after the break", and then the show ended... and you never found out who it was. OOOOO the drama
YerInUrine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:28 pm

i havent seen the show yet, but ive been meaning to. looks interesting. i like greenberg. hes pretty good.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:56 pm

CheeseBeger wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Anyone else think the lunch lady looked like Pam from The Office in 10 years?

I was actually thinking the exact same thing!

On second thought, she did. I thought the guy from Kentucky who won a duel looked like Aaron Spelling.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:17 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
CheeseBeger wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Anyone else think the lunch lady looked like Pam from The Office in 10 years?

I was actually thinking the exact same thing!

On second thought, she did. I thought the guy from Kentucky who won a duel looked like Aaron Spelling.

The hillbilly guy looked like Jim Mora too :-b
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:35 pm

Greenberg's good but the game is a boring watch imho.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk