Bowling - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Bowling

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bowling

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:48 pm

I just got back into bowling a few months ago....

...any bowlers (other than the man himself) around these parts?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bowling

Postby tuff_gong » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:12 pm

I took a bowling class last Spring and loved it, I am thinking about taking it again this semester.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:29 pm

tuff_gong wrote:I took a bowling class last Spring and loved it, I am thinking about taking it again this semester.

I did the same in college. Great time.

Now it's 3 years after college, and I've gotten serious about it...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smoovethug » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 am

I'm an avid bowler. I'm 22 but I've been bowling since I was young. My parents bowled in a league and would take me with them to the bowling alley so I always wanted to bowl after sitting there watching them. I'm only in one league this year but I have a 217 avg in it. Still looking for that first 300 though, 279 is my personal high. I would be in more leagues but most start too early for me during the week. :-/

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:44 am

smoovethug wrote:I'm an avid bowler. I'm 22 but I've been bowling since I was young. My parents bowled in a league and would take me with them to the bowling alley so I always wanted to bowl after sitting there watching them. I'm only in one league this year but I have a 217 avg in it. Still looking for that first 300 though, 279 is my personal high. I would be in more leagues but most start too early for me during the week. :-/

Awesome. I'm in a similar boat. You are definitely a better bowler than I am, but I'm still bowling better than I ever have. I recently bowled my first 600 series - two weeks later I bowled my first 700 series -

That said...I'ver never bowled a "real" pattern and don't know that I ever will. But I still love this game. :-)
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby smoovethug » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:58 am

Nice work on those series. If you have the time you should look into getting in a league at your local bowling alley. You can get a few friends together or you can most likely find a spot with a team who needs another bowler. Lots of fun and a good way to meet new people, it can even profitable depending on the league and if it has high game pots, brackets, etc.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby sliders51 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:24 am

Bowling is awesome! I haven't bowled much in the past year or so, but I bowled a lot when I got out of high school. My friends and I bowled a lot our first year in college because we had too much free time, and we knew some people that worked there so it was free a lot of the time.
I'm only 21 now so we only bowled for a year and a half.

My tip for any new bowlers is to learn how to curve the ball and to learn how to hit that damn 10 pin-----> My achille's heel.

The last time I bowled I set my personal high of 287. I took a perfect game into the 10th. I made the first strike in the 10th, but came in high in the pocket in the second one so I left the 6 and 10. I was too disappointed to get the spare so I let my girlfriend try it and she got 1. I've taken perfect games into the 8th and 9th before, but never this close.
sliders51
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby smoovethug » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:29 am

sliders51 wrote:The last time I bowled I set my personal high of 287. I took a perfect game into the 10th. I made the first strike in the 10th, but came in high in the pocket in the second one so I left the 6 and 10. I was too disappointed to get the spare so I let my girlfriend try it and she got 1. I've taken perfect games into the 8th and 9th before, but never this close.

I know the feeling. Twice I've had the first 9 in a row and left the 6-10 on the first ball in the 10th. Did it just 2 weeks ago and finished with a 276, good game for sure but still disappointing to get that close and not seal the deal. :-[

smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:53 am

Awesome.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:20 am

I like to bowl, but I'm definitely not a bowler. We've been going most weekends and playing a couple games with the kids and it's a good time. I have no idea what I'm doing, I just try to keep the ball straight down the lane. I usually bowl around 150 or so, depending if I'm able to find a comfortable ball. My uncle, on the other hand, nearly went pro. He's bowled 5 300 games and boasts something like a 250 average or something. Me and the the boy are supposed to get into a father/son league with him and his nephew this summer. I'll explained to him how not-so-good I am, but he still wants to do it. Should be fun.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk