Ed Wade Approval Rating - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ed Wade Approval Rating

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do you approve of the way Ed Wade is running the Houston Astros?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes : 28

Re: Ed Wade Approval Rating

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:14 am

speedy27 wrote:i'm a HUGE Astros fan and I say yes. Wade at least is trying to make something happen. I'm tired of watching the team stand pat and not doing anything somewhat risky in order to improve. So what our farm system is depleted (they weren't ranked all that high anyway). If we don't win in a few years we'll firesale and re-stock with top prospects.

Let's keep rollin' the dice Wade and see what we get!

you'll get left with pat burrell, rheal cormier, and david bell to huge contracts with no farm system. ;-7

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:03 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
speedy27 wrote:i'm a HUGE Astros fan and I say yes. Wade at least is trying to make something happen. I'm tired of watching the team stand pat and not doing anything somewhat risky in order to improve. So what our farm system is depleted (they weren't ranked all that high anyway). If we don't win in a few years we'll firesale and re-stock with top prospects.

you'll get left with pat burrell, rheal cormier, and david bell to huge contracts with no farm system. ;-7

Utley, Howard, Rollins, and Myers all came from farm system while Ed Wade was the GM of the Phillies.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 355)

Postby cordscords » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:26 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

Utley, Howard, Rollins, and Myers all came from farm system while Ed Wade was the GM of the Phillies.

And they helped contribute sneaking into the playoffs due to a Mets collapse, and immediatley get swept by the Rox.

I'm not bashing those guys by any means, but a few star players dont build great teams.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:29 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

hamels too...but wade didnt really handle the drafting, mike arbuckle has. but wade was the one responsible signing thome to a huge contract when we had one of the best power hitting prospects in the minors, tearing the cover off the ball. he also went out and signed david bell and jon lieber to big contracts as well. our farm system has never been considered good, even though those players did come out of it.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers