Puljols next trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Puljols next trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Puljols next trade?

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:03 am

talk show host wrote:Garnett refers to Kevin Garnett and the spin Minn did when the trade was made.
Cards get Nothing for Eckstein and replaced him with Ryan/Izturis
Cards trade Edmonds for A prospect..Freese is a good one but at least 2 yrs away(trying him at catcher)
You think Albert is going to be Happy??.This all plays into Pujols trade..I know its a longshot but Haren ,,Bedard Santana all all being traded or be considered ..Why not Pujols? If the cards plan is to be "competitive ' in 2 years , is Pujols merely a drawing card to fill seats??
When I started this thread i never expected 6 pages Thank you all for making this interesting..Didnt know what to expect LENNY :-)

I am not sure what your obsession is with this but they are not going to trade the best hitter in MLB with a new stadium in place and they won the WS with pretty much the same team just 1 year ago.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby talk show host » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:13 am

My obsession? I did start the post,,never expected so much response and just replying to responses..Obsession?/ m obsessed with ahving fun and discussion..Isntth a good part of fantasy sports ? i would have ended posting if there were no responses Certainly didnt mean to offend anyone.... ;-D Thanks Lenny
talk show host
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:02 pm

I can't understand how this is even still being discussed. Why the Cardinals will not entertain any offer on Pujols at this point can be summed up in one sentence: they enjoy having fans. Period. You don't even need to get into Pujols' l33tness or his awesome contract status or further logistics. If the Cardinals trade Albert Pujols right now, I don't care what prospects they get, nobody goes to the ballpark. End of story. If they start winning ballgames post-trade a few years down the line, maybe fans come back, the way they generally do when the weather is fair, but them trading the only healthy player on their team who can sell a jersey or put an ass in a seat is just preposterous, as I said in my initial reply.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby jfg » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:37 pm

I don't think anyone was ever taking a Pujols trade seriously. I was just throwing around the idea of "what if they did". Sorry if I took it too far.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby San D » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:58 pm

jfg wrote:I don't think anyone was ever taking a Pujols trade seriously. I was just throwing around the idea of "what if they did". Sorry if I took it too far.

Man, don't apologize for taking a counterpoint on something that everyone disagrees with. This site is great for keeping up on fantasy baseball trends and being aware of them in drafts, auctions, and other beneficial times, but you also have to be careful not to fall into the "groupthink" trap.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:49 pm

San D wrote:...you also have to be careful not to fall into the "groupthink" trap.

Absolutely.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby jfg » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:44 pm

I think some people got the idea that Pujols was actually on the market which is not the case. I was just clearing the air.

That said, "Puljols" is definitely on the market and should bring in an ENORMOUS haul.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby talk show host » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:18 pm

Im truely sorry I started this :-) :-X Lenny
talk show host
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers