Puljols next trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Puljols next trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Puljols next trade?

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:43 pm

Like everyone else has said, this will never happen. I am not happy with the way things are going with the Cards right now, though. I don't see any hope for the future... I think we need to make drastic changes.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:28 pm

The Cards could pull in a major haul for Pujols. I don't think they'd ever trade him but it wouldn't be a bad move.

If they went to the Yankees and said "Here's Pujols, give us Hughes, Chamberlain and Kennedy" do you think the Yanks wouldn't think about that?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:39 pm

jfg wrote:The Cards could pull in a major haul for Pujols. I don't think they'd ever trade him but it wouldn't be a bad move.

If they went to the Yankees and said "Here's Pujols, give us Hughes, Chamberlain and Kennedy" do you think the Yanks wouldn't think about that?

They wouldn't move all three of them, nor do I think they would move Hughes and Chamberlain. Offense is not what the Yankees need.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:43 pm

I'd like to see them turn it down. They very well could, but it would be interesting to see it thrown out there for them. Offense may not be what they need, but having two of the greatest players ever to play the game while still in their prime would be something else. Plus, 1b is a need for them. I just want to see them try to turn that down.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:50 pm

jfg wrote:I'd like to see them turn it down. They very well could, but it would be interesting to see it thrown out there for them. Offense may not be what they need, but having two of the greatest players ever to play the game while still in their prime would be something else. Plus, 1b is a need for them. I just want to see them try to turn that down.

So let's say they accepted that and gave up Chamberlain, Kennedy, and Hughes. What are you going to do with the rotation? Pettitte, Wang, Mussina, ?, and ? That looks a lot like the rotation that hasn't won since 2000. The Yankees were the best offense last year without Pujols, having him on the team at the cost of the big three would breach the limits of diminishing returns. It's a horrible idea of a trade for the Yankees, and I don't know why you think they would entertain it. They won't even give up Hughes and Kennedy for Santana, who would be a lot more valuable to the team than Pujols.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:03 pm

If I was in as bad of shape as St. Louis I would consider trading Pujols for a handful of young talent. Most all the talent would have to be major league ready guys though.... I'm not thinking St. Louis will be very competitive for the next 2-3 years and by then Pujols will be in his 30's. I'm not saying trade him just to trade him but if you got 4-5 young studs who can play this year or would be ready next year then i would consider it pretty easily! Of course it all depends on who the young players are....
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Postby JTWood » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:50 pm

J35J wrote:If I was in as bad of shape as St. Louis I would consider trading Pujols for a handful of young talent. Most all the talent would have to be major league ready guys though.... I'm not thinking St. Louis will be very competitive for the next 2-3 years and by then Pujols will be in his 30's. I'm not saying trade him just to trade him but if you got 4-5 young studs who can play this year or would be ready next year then i would consider it pretty easily! Of course it all depends on who the young players are....

This team is already being primed for sale. Could you imagine the PR nightmare if the organization traded their most popular player?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby J35J » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:37 am

JTWood wrote:
J35J wrote:If I was in as bad of shape as St. Louis I would consider trading Pujols for a handful of young talent. Most all the talent would have to be major league ready guys though.... I'm not thinking St. Louis will be very competitive for the next 2-3 years and by then Pujols will be in his 30's. I'm not saying trade him just to trade him but if you got 4-5 young studs who can play this year or would be ready next year then i would consider it pretty easily! Of course it all depends on who the young players are....

This team is already being primed for sale. Could you imagine the PR nightmare if the organization traded their most popular player?

If I got the right deal back I don't care what the PR nightmare would be if it made my team better in the long run....either way, its a moot point because he won't get traded and like I said it would take a lot for me to even trade him. Just wanted to say its not a completely ridiculous thought.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Postby talk show host » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:12 am

JTWood wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:In my opinion, the notion of the Cardinals even entertaining the idea of trading Albert Pujols is absurd and laughable.

Agreed.

After seeing the "quality" of this guy's posts, I can't help but wonder a) if he's actually employed to do this, b) and if he's just shopping for responses here so he has something to talk about later.

.Sorry if you are not pleased with the "quality " of my posts but 4 pages of reply tells the story I answer 125 email per day about trades..keepers rosters etc..This type of post is designed to share opinion..Ok maybe the Angels players I named dont do the job But although Edmonds IS CLEARLY at the end of his career ...trading him for an A ball prospect MAY tell a story of Cardinal intentions as the A/s Orioles are Twins are telling..If not the Edmonds deal how bout the lineup or lack of FA interest or trading?
Kennedy 2nd coming off worst year
Izturis SS..speaks for itself
Rolen ..wants out
Duncan..not terrible but a complementary player
Ankiel..Full season?
Barton He dropped in rule 5 as teams were afraid of his knee(wearing a brace
Ludwig/Shumaker ..ok for spare of ..PRAY FOR RASMUS
Wainright //Ok as # 2/ 3 starter
Pinero///please?
Looper ..# 4 starter....MUlder..cant count on..Carpenter..MAYBE yrs end
Prospects B Anderson good catcher Perez. Mortenson Boggs Herron all BP types
This team is going nowhere and must rebuild organization..the fact thay have not Been active in FA Mkt or trading must tell a story as Hinn.Houston Chi Mil all try to improve to win NOW
talk show host
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:59 am

talk show host wrote:
JTWood wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:In my opinion, the notion of the Cardinals even entertaining the idea of trading Albert Pujols is absurd and laughable.

Agreed.

After seeing the "quality" of this guy's posts, I can't help but wonder a) if he's actually employed to do this, b) and if he's just shopping for responses here so he has something to talk about later.

.Sorry if you are not pleased with the "quality " of my posts but 4 pages of reply tells the story I answer 125 email per day about trades..keepers rosters etc..This type of post is designed to share opinion..Ok maybe the Angels players I named dont do the job But although Edmonds IS CLEARLY at the end of his career ...trading him for an A ball prospect MAY tell a story of Cardinal intentions as the A/s Orioles are Twins are telling..If not the Edmonds deal how bout the lineup or lack of FA interest or trading?
Kennedy 2nd coming off worst year
Izturis SS..speaks for itself
Rolen ..wants out
Duncan..not terrible but a complementary player
Ankiel..Full season?
Barton He dropped in rule 5 as teams were afraid of his knee(wearing a brace
Ludwig/Shumaker ..ok for spare of ..PRAY FOR RASMUS
Wainright //Ok as # 2/ 3 starter
Pinero///please?
Looper ..# 4 starter....MUlder..cant count on..Carpenter..MAYBE yrs end
Prospects B Anderson good catcher Perez. Mortenson Boggs Herron all BP types
This team is going nowhere and must rebuild organization..the fact thay have not Been active in FA Mkt or trading must tell a story as Hinn.Houston Chi Mil all try to improve to win NOW

Where do you want the Cardinals to go in FA? There wasn't really anything available this offseason. I'm not saying they shouldn't rebuild or that they aren't planning to rebuild because frankly, I'm not around St. Louis and haven't been following them that closely...but even if they were rebuilding...that doesn't mean they are going to trade one of the best players in the game.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 55)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers