Puljols next trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Puljols next trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Puljols next trade?

Postby talk show host » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:36 pm

Reds Astros are making a push while Oakland trades Haren and Balltimore trades Tejeda and talks of Bedard..The Cardinals look awful and are in a division with 2 tems really pushing to win Is the Cards deal of Edmonds for an A prospect a signal of going the Oak/Balt way or are the hoping Colby Rasmus will be the answer? IF Oak/Balt way is Puljols next to go?

Angels..Adenhart..Saunders..B Wood Willets, Mathis Kotchman/Morales enough to get Albert Puljols??? thanks Lenny
talk show host
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Puljols next trade?

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:48 pm

In my opinion, the notion of the Cardinals even entertaining the idea of trading Albert Pujols is absurd and laughable.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 354)

Postby Matthias » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:11 pm

bigh0rt wrote:the notion of the Cardinals even entertaining the idea of trading Albert Pujols is absurd and laughable.

Sounds about par for the course for New York talk show hosts.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AEMRICH » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:27 pm

i doubt the Cards even talk about moving Pujols. The guy puts up crazy numbers and besides last year has been very consistent and spends very little time on the DL. Also Pujols puts fans in the seats IMO- Tejada/Haren/Valverde do not put people in the seats. I'm a Rasmus owner in a dynasty league so i hope that Rasmus gets a shot at taking the job in ST
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:30 pm

talk show host wrote:Reds Astros are making a push while Oakland trades Haren and Balltimore trades Tejeda and talks of Bedard..The Cardinals look awful and are in a division with 2 tems really pushing to win Is the Cards deal of Edmonds for an A prospect a signal of going the Oak/Balt way or are the hoping Colby Rasmus will be the answer? IF Oak/Balt way is Puljols next to go?

Angels..Adenhart..Saunders..B Wood Willets, Mathis Kotchman/Morales enough to get Albert Puljols??? thanks Lenny

While I agree that the Cards' chances don't look good with the likes of Milwaukee and the Cubs (though I don't think the Reds or Astros have real great shots), I don't see a Pujols trade on the horizon. Though if I'm dealing Pujols there is no way I'm accepting a package like that from the Angels. I don't see them with enough high-end talent. Honestly if I'm St. Louis then really the only team I want to deal with is LA. If you throw a Kemp/LaRoche/Kershaw/Broxton/Loney package at me then I'm listening. Other than something like that I don't even consider dealing Pujols.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Ender » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:50 pm

You are much more likely to see Rolen gone than Pujols.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby clevername » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:16 pm

the Cards aren't trading Pujols. Probably ever.

we're getting rid of some older, frequently injured players. We're not Kansas City.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:43 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
talk show host wrote:Reds Astros are making a push while Oakland trades Haren and Balltimore trades Tejeda and talks of Bedard..The Cardinals look awful and are in a division with 2 tems really pushing to win Is the Cards deal of Edmonds for an A prospect a signal of going the Oak/Balt way or are the hoping Colby Rasmus will be the answer? IF Oak/Balt way is Puljols next to go?

While I agree that the Cards' chances don't look good with the likes of Milwaukee and the Cubs (though I don't think the Reds or Astros have real great shots), I don't see a Pujols trade on the horizon. Though if I'm dealing Pujols there is no way I'm accepting a package like that from the Angels. I don't see them with enough high-end talent. Honestly if I'm St. Louis then really the only team I want to deal with is LA. If you throw a Kemp/LaRoche/Kershaw/Broxton/Loney package at me then I'm listening. Other than something like that I don't even consider dealing Pujols.

You think Colletti has the cajones to even propose such thing? That's more laughable than the idea the Cards mulling over trading Pujols. However, you're right, we do have the ammo to land Pujols.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

Postby hersch223 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:56 pm

How does the Cardinals dumping off Edmonds' salary mean we'd be open to trading Pujols?

Besides, that Angels offer wouldn't even come close.
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
hersch223
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:16 pm

Matthias wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:the notion of the Cardinals even entertaining the idea of trading Albert Pujols is absurd and laughable.

Sounds about par for the course for New York talk show hosts.

What bizzare comment.

And no, I don't see Pujols being traded.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers