Twins IF situation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Twins IF situation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Twins IF situation

Postby jfg » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:54 pm

What is with the Twins infield? Once Everett was signed I was under the impression that Harris would play 3rd and Casilla would play second. Now, with Lamb signed one of those guys is the odd man out or they platoon at second. Lamb's not guaranteed a spot but it doesn't bode well for Casilla or Harris' fantasy impact next year.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Twins IF situation

Postby Field » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:08 pm

As of right now, I expect Lamb to be used similarly to his role in Houston: a bench player who gets consistent at bats and can step in and provide some offensive production if a starter goes down.

I'm not sure he's a good enough defender or consistent enough hitter to be an everyday player. Plus, he's doesn't fit the mold of a traditional Twins player.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby sublime8414 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:18 am

from what i've read harris and casilla fight it out at 2B if harris loses there him and lamb platoon, if he wins the job lamb plays 3B until casilla is ready.

If you ask me they should be going into rebuilding mode with like practically all the tigers contracts up in 2009. In which case lamb might be a clubhouse guy? I don't know.
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:33 pm

At least they have options, albeit not great ones. Casilla was in Gardy's doghouse for awhile last year so I am sure they want to put some pressure on him to take his game to a new level. I'd guess Lamb will get time at 3B and DH while Harris gets time at 2B and 3B with Casilla getting what's left unless he shows up big in Spring Training. Everett got a 1-year deal so maybe they expect Casilla to take over at short in 2009, or perhaps they end up getting Lowrie from the Sox and annoint him the SS of the future.

Kudos to GiantsFan14 for the sig.
BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Another Blown Save » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:15 pm

I think they'll play Harris, Everett and Lamb at 2B, SS, and 3B respectively.
They might bench Lamb against lefties and play Harris or Punto at 3B, possibly sliding Casilla at 2B
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby kab21 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:35 pm

Casilla is going to start in the minors. There is no reason for him to be on the MLB roster unless he's starting. I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved to SS ( I think that's his natural position) to take over for Everett (Everett is on a 1 year contract).

Harris, Lamb and Punto will play 2B/3B in some mix. Unless the Santana brings back a 2B/3B.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Return to Baseball Leftovers