Haren to the D-Backs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Haren to the D-Backs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Haren to the D-Backs

Postby Grounded Polo » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:50 pm

That is a pretty great 1/2 punch. They could be dominating the NL like they have a 150 million dollar payroll as soon as Justin Upton develops.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:55 pm

That just blew up any leverage the Twins had left. Good move for the D-Backs.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby High Heater » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:57 pm

the Dbacks look like a dynasty in the making imo.... when that young talent matures watch out.
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:03 pm

High Heater wrote:the Dbacks look like a dynasty in the making imo.... when that young talent matures watch out.

Yeah and they were pretty darn good without Haren as their #2. An improved Owings, Young, Reynolds with Drew rebounding and RJ potentially healthy, they might be the team to beat in the NL this year.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby High Heater » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:05 pm

Yoda wrote:
High Heater wrote:the Dbacks look like a dynasty in the making imo.... when that young talent matures watch out.

Yeah and they were pretty darn good without Haren as their #2. An improved Owings, Young, Reynolds with Drew rebounding and RJ potentially healthy, they might be the team to beat in the NL this year.

totaly agree
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby LiveForever » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:50 pm

You all doubted Beane when he traded Hudson and Mulder and I think that worked out pretty well for the A's. I wouldn't be to concerned if I were an A's fan. Beane always seems to stay a mile a head of the curve.

According to BA, Carlos Gonzalez was the 18th best prospect going into 07. He hit 286 with 16 homers in AA this year as a 20 year old.
"If you look long enough for an argument against reason, you will find it" ~Moneyball

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness
LiveForever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby FalcoAtL » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:59 pm

acsguitar wrote:Wow I'm super pissed the rox's didn't get off their butts to make that trade. We could have offered alot more then that.

Carlos Gonzalez is way better than people seem to think. The Rockies don't have anyone that compares or that they can afford to deal. The Dbacks have a lot of depth at pretty much every position except pitcher and 2B (until now). The Rockies were forced to play Spielborghs last year, while the Dbacks had Quentin still on the bench along with Gonzalez waiting in Tucson. The Rockies have a few good arms in their system and couple good position guys like Fowler and Herrerra, but I don't think they have nearly enough to spare.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BravesGuy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:33 pm

LiveForever wrote:You all doubted Beane when he traded Hudson and Mulder and I think that worked out pretty well for the A's.

:-? I'll give you the Mulder trade, but Hudson pitched well last year, no?
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby jfg » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:35 pm

BravesGuy wrote:
LiveForever wrote:You all doubted Beane when he traded Hudson and Mulder and I think that worked out pretty well for the A's.

:-? I'll give you the Mulder trade, but Hudson pitched well last year, no?

Most of the time.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby The G.O.A.T. » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:36 pm

Loving this trade. Yeah it is a lot, but the Dbacks had the spare parts considering how young they were. Prospects are fun, but if they can't be used at the ML level because they are blocked at least use them to aquire a position that was really needed. I'd say the only real high end talent was CarGO. Go Josh Byrnes. ;-D

As for Valverde the difference between him and Pena shouldn't be too much, and plus we got another arm back in Qualls. Gutierrez isn't a bad consolation gift to go with Burke who should be utility. Valverde was talking crazy amounts of money too. Money saved on him could be used to keep Hudson.
The G.O.A.T.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers