A-Rod's contract details - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A-Rod's contract details

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: A-Rod's contract details

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:29 pm

Boras is finally dumped, fans rejoice! IMO, this will do a lot to fix A-Rod's image now that he has gotten rid of Boras. I think this kills the conspiracy that Boras and A-Rod planned and organized the whole contract escapade. I still don't believe that A-Rod was unknowing of everything, but I do believe that Boras was behind the WS announcement and killing the extension talks with the Yankees.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797 ... id=18&cs=1
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:46 pm

I can't find that article behind confirmed by anyone more legitimate since Variety is just some celebrity tabloid but hopefully it is true. Firing Boras would definitely do wonders for his image.

I also wish that every GM would arrange contracts like ARods because it's ridiculous for salary and production to not coincide with one another. That should be the standard, rather than teams having to sign superstar talents, pay them the least while they are the most productive, then end up paying them twice as much as they are worth towards the end of the contract. %-6
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby blankman » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:53 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:I can't find that article behind confirmed by anyone more legitimate since Variety is just some celebrity tabloid but hopefully it is true. Firing Boras would definitely do wonders for his image.

I also wish that every GM would arrange contracts like ARods because it's ridiculous for salary and production to not coincide with one another. That should be the standard, rather than teams having to sign superstar talents, pay them the least while they are the most productive, then end up paying them twice as much as they are worth towards the end of the contract. %-6

But its cheaper to pay them more in the later years. This simple concept is why its not done the way you stated.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:11 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:Boras is finally dumped, fans rejoice! IMO, this will do a lot to fix A-Rod's image now that he has gotten rid of Boras. I think this kills the conspiracy that Boras and A-Rod planned and organized the whole contract escapade. I still don't believe that A-Rod was unknowing of everything, but I do believe that Boras was behind the WS announcement and killing the extension talks with the Yankees.

I wouldn't plan a party just yet:

Alex Rodriguez hired Guy Oseary, who has worked with Madonna and Lenny Kravitz, to be his manager. Oseary is not a registered baseball agent, and Scott Boras remains A-Rod's representative on baseball matters.

A-Rod last Thursday that he didn't think there was a need to replace Boras as his baseball agent.

"I signed a 10-year deal. I'm going to be 42 years old. I don't think there's going to be anymore baseball after. I mean, at this point, it's all academic," Rodriguez said. "At the end of the day, Scott and I have a 16-year history. I've known him half my life. He's built enough equity with me that, you know, I respect and appreciate a lot of the things he's done for me."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3160430

I also think that anyone with a brain knows that A-Rod wasn't behind the opt out, whether Boras is still his agent or not.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:10 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:Boras is finally dumped, fans rejoice! IMO, this will do a lot to fix A-Rod's image now that he has gotten rid of Boras. I think this kills the conspiracy that Boras and A-Rod planned and organized the whole contract escapade. I still don't believe that A-Rod was unknowing of everything, but I do believe that Boras was behind the WS announcement and killing the extension talks with the Yankees.

I wouldn't plan a party just yet:

Alex Rodriguez hired Guy Oseary, who has worked with Madonna and Lenny Kravitz, to be his manager. Oseary is not a registered baseball agent, and Scott Boras remains A-Rod's representative on baseball matters.

A-Rod last Thursday that he didn't think there was a need to replace Boras as his baseball agent.

"I signed a 10-year deal. I'm going to be 42 years old. I don't think there's going to be anymore baseball after. I mean, at this point, it's all academic," Rodriguez said. "At the end of the day, Scott and I have a 16-year history. I've known him half my life. He's built enough equity with me that, you know, I respect and appreciate a lot of the things he's done for me."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3160430

I also think that anyone with a brain knows that A-Rod wasn't behind the opt out, whether Boras is still his agent or not.

Yeah I read that later yesterday after my initial post, I still stand by most of my comments though.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers