George Mitchell works for the Red Sox - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

George Mitchell works for the Red Sox

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: George Mitchell works for the Red Sox

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:01 pm

acsguitar wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
acsguitar wrote:And why do you think ESPN gives sexy time to the Red Sox constantly

I hate how when they show highlights of a game on Sportscenter they feature a superstar who went 0/5 instead of someone who isn't a "household name" who threw an 8 innings shut out. That happens a lot.

ESPN is a total joke and so are the majority of their "Reporters" and "Radio Personalities".

Earlier Colin Cowpie was saying how after everyone older then 50 dies no one will watch baseball and that he has the "Numbers". He's a moron.

If you hate it so much, why do you keep watching it?? I hate Oprah and, therefore, I don't watch her show. Simple concept.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:13 pm

I havent watched ESPN in a really long time - at least 6 months or so. When they started using Rob Parker as a Detroit local reporter/personality it was the final straw. Parker is considered a complete joke around here - has absolutely no credibility. He wrote an article in the spring of 2006 saying that Dave Dombrowski was the worst GM in any sport - worse than Millen even. X-I
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:28 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
If you hate it so much, why do you keep watching it?? I hate Oprah and, therefore, I don't watch her show. Simple concept.

I actually don't watch it. I listen to Cowherd in the morning and thats about it. Not sure why I listen to him he makes me laugh sometimes then other times makes me want to punch my TV. Also, they have the most sports highlights in baseball season and are in HD. They kinda have a monopoly on the market here in Denver. Especially in terms of HD. But I do know there "Opinions" are total jokes. I enjoy seeing games though just not listening to them
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BritSox » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:05 pm

*Sigh*

Having Mitchell lead the report was a bad idea not because there IS any wrongdoing on his part, but because it was obvious that one-eyed Yankee fans and Boston haters with a collective IQ lower than my sister's rabbit would immediately jump upon that little tidbit and use it to come up with their usual ludicrous conspiracy theories.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:15 pm

BritSox wrote:*Sigh*

Having Mitchell lead the report was a bad idea not because there IS any wrongdoing on his part, but because it was obvious that one-eyed Yankee fans and Boston haters with a collective IQ lower than my sister's rabbit would immediately jump upon that little tidbit and use it to come up with their usual ludicrous conspiracy theories.

I have no conspiracy theories as Mitchell does seem like a classy old man but again its a BAD IDEA and further hurts the already hearsay information.

Now if you will excuse me I have to go eat some carrotts
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:55 pm

I have no doubt that he did everything legitimately but I also can't fault anyone for questioning it. Your "it was obvious that one-eyed Yankee fans and Boston haters with a collective IQ lower than my sister's rabbit would immediately jump upon that little tidbit and use it to come up with their usual ludicrous conspiracy theories" comment is way over the top.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Yoda » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:15 pm

Lofunzo wrote:

I have no doubt that he did everything legitimately but I also can't fault anyone for questioning it. Your "it was obvious that one-eyed Yankee fans and Boston haters with a collective IQ lower than my sister's rabbit would immediately jump upon that little tidbit and use it to come up with their usual ludicrous conspiracy theories" comment is way over the top.

Agreed.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ukrneal » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:54 pm

I find the whole "Mitchell was with the Red Sox (how many months?) and therefore must be dumping on others (cough...Yankees...cough)" over the top. He's a former US Senator (with a pretty darned solid reputation), a proposed Supreme Court nominee, and a key broker of the Northern Ireland peace process. He has about as solid a reputation as a politician (or former politician) can have. I don't think he cared about anything but trying to find the truth. I find it amazing that because he had that association, he MUST be assumed to be impartial. There is absolutely nothing for him to be gained by trying to supress some info and everything to lose. The only reason people bring this up is because they have an agenda of discrediting the report.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:06 pm

ukrneal wrote:I find the whole "Mitchell was with the Red Sox (how many months?) and therefore must be dumping on others (cough...Yankees...cough)" over the top. He's a former US Senator (with a pretty darned solid reputation), a proposed Supreme Court nominee, and a key broker of the Northern Ireland peace process. He has about as solid a reputation as a politician (or former politician) can have. I don't think he cared about anything but trying to find the truth. I find it amazing that because he had that association, he MUST be assumed to be impartial. There is absolutely nothing for him to be gained by trying to supress some info and everything to lose. The only reason people bring this up is because they have an agenda of discrediting the report.

He's still with the Red Sox I believe
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:09 pm

Hey, breaking news! Did you guys know that George Mitchell works for the Red Sox? I think it just surfaced...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 373)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers