Rangers trade for Broussard - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rangers trade for Broussard

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rangers trade for Broussard

Postby jfg » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:27 am

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/b ... =si_latest

Anybody like him in Texas? Sounds interesting to me.
Image
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rangers trade for Broussard

Postby cordscords » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:44 am

I think he can do well there. Seattle was not a good fit for him.

The Mariners also got a solid prospect in Tug Hulett. He knows how to get on base.

In addition a lot of teams should be hot after Otsuka.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4346
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rangers trade for Broussard

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:54 pm

cordscords wrote:I think he can do well there. Seattle was not a good fit for him.

The Mariners also got a solid prospect in Tug Hulett. He knows how to get on base.

In addition a lot of teams should be hot after Otsuka.


Actually Seattle could have been a great fit for him. He actually fits Safeco very well. The M's just never gave him much of an opportunity. They've got a big crappy albatross who can't make contact blocking him at first and a slow crappy powerless albatross blocking him at DH. And Ben shouldn't be in the OF. I would much rather have Ben at 1B over Sexson or at DH over Vidro but our FO is inept so this isn't that surprising.

Tug Hulett may "know how to get on base" but you're talking about a guy who, if all goes perfectly, might possibly one day be a utility infielder. I don't know that I'd consider him a solid prospect. Anyway, this was a case of the M's not wanting to pay Broussard to be a backup and deciding to try to get something for him. There just wasn't much of a market for him because everyone knew he'd be non-tendered if they didn't deal him.

But hey, they re-signed HoRam. :-[ :-C

Stupid frickin Bavasi. Image
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13716
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Re: Rangers trade for Broussard

Postby kab21 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:59 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:But hey, they re-signed HoRam. :-[ :-C

Stupid frickin Bavasi. Image


My condolences. If it makes you feel better my team recently signed Craig Monroe and Adam Everett.

You're totally right about Broussard though. All he needed was playing time. Somebody to keep an eye on if he's on the waiver wire in your fantasy league. I'm not real sure what Broussard's role in Texas will be.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5340
(Past Year: 166)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rangers trade for Broussard

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:23 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Tug Hulett may "know how to get on base" but you're talking about a guy who, if all goes perfectly, might possibly one day be a utility infielder. I don't know that I'd consider him a solid prospect.


I disagree.
In 2004 between college and A- he had 112 walks.
In 2005 90 walks.
In 2006 92 walks.
At every level besides AAA (which was a rather off year) , he has had an OBP of .400+.
I think he is very presentable as a 2B.
Mind you with all that OBP what is he doing in Seattle? :-D

Big Pimpin wrote:But hey, they re-signed HoRam. :-[ :-C


Heh heh. :-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Rangers trade for Broussard

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:47 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Tug Hulett may "know how to get on base" but you're talking about a guy who, if all goes perfectly, might possibly one day be a utility infielder. I don't know that I'd consider him a solid prospect.


I disagree.
In 2004 between college and A- he had 112 walks.
In 2005 90 walks.
In 2006 92 walks.
At every level besides AAA (which was a rather off year) , he has had an OBP of .400+.
I think he is very presentable as a 2B.
Mind you with all that OBP what is he doing in Seattle? :-D

Big Pimpin wrote:But hey, they re-signed HoRam. :-[ :-C


Heh heh. :-D


Maybe he struggled at AAA because he's not that good. ;-)

Seriously, we're talking C/C- prospect at best. I see Willie Bloomquist written all over this guy, only Tug would be cheaper. Besides, we don't need him at 2B, we have Asdrubal Cabr... Wait, nevermind, we traded him for Eduardo freaking Perez. Anyway, I just don't see much upside here. Not that they were going to get anything for Broussard, so considering that I have no problem with them adding something... Though they should have let Ben play 1B and sent Richie to anyplace but Seattle.

I guess just don't see Tug amounting to much of anything. We shall see.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13716
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact