Re: Non-tenders

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:58 pm

Nin-tender?

2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:05 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Nin-tender?

No.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Aki Otsuka was a surprise to me as well.Would be a nice pickup for the Yanks but if he shows he's healthy a lot of teams will be interested.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thedude » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:20 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:Aki Otsuka was a surprise to me as well.Would be a nice pickup for the Yanks but if he shows he's healthy a lot of teams will be interested.

The Rangers did the guy a favor. He will probably get more money as a free agent than he would in arbitration if he s healthy. You would think someone would have traded for him.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Another Blown Save » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:40 pm

thedude wrote:
StarsNPinstripes wrote:Aki Otsuka was a surprise to me as well.Would be a nice pickup for the Yanks but if he shows he's healthy a lot of teams will be interested.

The Rangers did the guy a favor. He will probably get more money as a free agent than he would in arbitration if he s healthy. You would think someone would have traded for him.

The fact that the Rangers non-tendered him tells me that he's rehab isn't going well, which might mean TJ for him.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:00 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:
thedude wrote:

The fact that the Rangers non-tendered him tells me that he's rehab isn't going well, which might mean TJ for him.

Agreed. Aki was awesome for them and if they even thought there was a chance that he could help them then he wouldn't be nontendered.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:24 pm

About Otsuka from MLBTR

Ah, now the true story comes out on Otsuka. MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan says the Rangers were going to send him to the White Sox for Chris Carter but the Sox nixed the deal after looking at Otsuka's medical reports. No surprise the Rangers non-tendered him, now.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers