The Mitchell Investigation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Mitchell Investigation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Mitchell Investigation

Postby mweir145 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:32 am

Havok1517 wrote:Who cares! Not me. I say juice up all you want and hit a 100 hrs a year.

Exactly. I can say I definitely don't care about PEDs in baseball, or PEDs in any sport for that matter.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: The Mitchell Investigation

Postby mweir145 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:38 am

jfg wrote:
thedude wrote:
jfg wrote:I highly doubt any recent stars are on the list. Clemens, maybe.


You will certainly see at least one recent star on that list, unless there are only a handful of names contained in that report.


Do you think we'll see a recent superstar though? Somebody who's still considered among the best in the game? That's what I doubt.

Now that would be very surprising. First of all, it would be extremely tough to find out whether the best and richest players in the game ever took steroids without somebody snitching on them. Mets clubhouse attendants like Radomski willing to spill the beans aren't going to be everywhere, most of the people in the know would just keep quiet. In fact, I believe I remember reading Mitchell had trouble finding witnesses until he came across Radomski. Second of all, I wouldn't put it past baseball to try to keep that kind of information about a star player quiet. They might say they have no control over a report like this, but I certainly don't believe that.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: The Mitchell Investigation

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:37 am

If there's one MVP on the list, I'd bet that it's Tejada. Cy Young? That's tricky, but if Clemens name comes out this is going to be pretty huge. I think mostly suspects Tejada and while a lot of people suspect Clemens, confirmation will really be a huge deal.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Mitchell Investigation

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:50 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:If there's one MVP on the list, I'd bet that it's Tejada. Cy Young? That's tricky, but if Clemens name comes out this is going to be pretty huge. I think mostly suspects Tejada and while a lot of people suspect Clemens, confirmation will really be a huge deal.


Juan Gonzalez and Bonds were both MVPs too.
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Mitchell Investigation

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:21 am

KCollins1304 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:If there's one MVP on the list, I'd bet that it's Tejada. Cy Young? That's tricky, but if Clemens name comes out this is going to be pretty huge. I think mostly suspects Tejada and while a lot of people suspect Clemens, confirmation will really be a huge deal.


Juan Gonzalez and Bonds were both MVPs too.


Good points. So was Pudge Rodriguez if I'm not mistaken.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Mitchell Investigation

Postby Tavish » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:23 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:If there's one MVP on the list, I'd bet that it's Tejada. Cy Young? That's tricky, but if Clemens name comes out this is going to be pretty huge. I think mostly suspects Tejada and while a lot of people suspect Clemens, confirmation will really be a huge deal.


Juan Gonzalez and Bonds were both MVPs too.


Good points. So was Pudge Rodriguez if I'm not mistaken.

And Ken Caminiti.... ;-D
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11071
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Mitchell Investigation

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:25 am

Tavish wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:
Juan Gonzalez and Bonds were both MVPs too.


Good points. So was Pudge Rodriguez if I'm not mistaken.

And Ken Caminiti.... ;-D


If they're going to hype this thing up as containing MVPs and All-Stars, they better not be talking about Caminiti. The man admitted to using them. How much 'investigating' did George have to do in that one? :-b
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Mitchell Investigation

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:57 am

Tavish wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:Juan Gonzalez and Bonds were both MVPs too.


Good points. So was Pudge Rodriguez if I'm not mistaken.

And Ken Caminiti.... ;-D

Jose Canseco :-D
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 305)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: The Mitchell Investigation

Postby mak1277 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:23 am

jake_harv88 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Who cares! Not me. I say juice up all you want and hit a 100 hrs a year.


Considering steroids have been proven to be harmful for your body, I would say this is a foolish statement. If they find out years from now that heroin improves your ability to hit homeruns would you say inject away?



Look, as a fan, I don't care in the slightest bit what these guys put into their bodies. They are all adults, and if they choose to put themselves in harm's way to improve their abilities, that's their choice, 100%. I agree with Havok and say "who cares".
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 4569
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 14 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: The Mitchell Investigation

Postby Another Blown Save » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:27 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Tavish wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Good points. So was Pudge Rodriguez if I'm not mistaken.

And Ken Caminiti.... ;-D

Jose Canseco :-D

And Sammy Sosa
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 5385
Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact