Family Fued - Need 100 Responses! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Family Fued - Need 100 Responses!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Family Fued - Need 100 Responses!

Postby mocabeenow » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:23 am

[quote="5"][quote="dclark0699"]Make sure you spell it Family "Feud" when you put it on the board ;-D :-D[/quote]

True.

1 - Santa Claus
2 - Superman

After you cover your message about music, let 'em know how eating fast food and other garbage is influencing them too.[/quote]

Good Point! Buy Organic!
mocabeenow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1139
(Past Year: 191)
Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: CA

Re: Family Fued - Need 100 Responses!

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
And I'm not taking away from the job your parents did, decisions they made, or anything by any means. But can you honestly say they didn't steer you away from something? This is just one of those things. I won't let my son listen to certain music, and most hip hop is one of them. Particularly because he's not mature enough to simply take it as beats and a good time. He'll hear the violence and belittlement of women that I don't want him exposed to. And it's not just hip hop of course. A lot of rock is depressing, narcissistic, etc., along with country, blues, and so on. There's a wide array of things we have to protect our kids from. Music is just one of many.


this is where our disagreement lies. i love hip-hop music and always have, but i would never protect or eliminate it from my children or younger kids. its actually a great way of telling your kids, this song is a hit, yada yada yada, but these words are bad. instead of not allowing them to hear it to begin with, they can learn from it. because they are going to hear the songs one way or another, so you might as well be the ones to let them hear it and tell them whats wrong with it. get what im sayin?
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Family Fued - Need 100 Responses!

Postby mocabeenow » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:58 pm

[quote="Snakes Gould"][quote="Omaha Red Sox"]

And I'm not taking away from the job your parents did, decisions they made, or anything by any means. But can you honestly say they didn't steer you away from [i]something[/i]? This is just one of those things. I won't let my son listen to certain music, and most hip hop is one of them. Particularly because he's not mature enough to simply take it as beats and a good time. He'll hear the violence and belittlement of women that I don't want him exposed to. And it's not just hip hop of course. A lot of rock is depressing, narcissistic, etc., along with country, blues, and so on. There's a wide array of things we have to protect our kids from. Music is just one of many.[/quote]

this is where our disagreement lies. i love hip-hop music and always have, but i would never protect or eliminate it from my children or younger kids. its actually a great way of telling your kids, this song is a hit, yada yada yada, but these words are bad. instead of not allowing them to hear it to begin with, they can learn from it. because they are going to hear the songs one way or another, so you might as well be the ones to let them hear it and tell them whats wrong with it. get what im sayin?[/quote]

I think for SOME people (kids), music does influence the way they think, talk, and act. Especially if at home their parents are divorced, in left field, or just plain uncaring. You don't think punk rockers, rude boys, emo kids, gothics, and any other musical social group aren't influenced by the music they listen too? I do.

You and I are definitely in the category where we grew up mature enough to like to music for what it is, and not become what the music is portraying. We are college graduates who love music of all kinds. It hasn't made us an outcast in society, and it probably played no role in our love for fantasy baseball.

~Moc
mocabeenow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1139
(Past Year: 191)
Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: CA

Re: Family Fued - Need 100 Responses!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:03 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
And I'm not taking away from the job your parents did, decisions they made, or anything by any means. But can you honestly say they didn't steer you away from something? This is just one of those things. I won't let my son listen to certain music, and most hip hop is one of them. Particularly because he's not mature enough to simply take it as beats and a good time. He'll hear the violence and belittlement of women that I don't want him exposed to. And it's not just hip hop of course. A lot of rock is depressing, narcissistic, etc., along with country, blues, and so on. There's a wide array of things we have to protect our kids from. Music is just one of many.


this is where our disagreement lies. i love hip-hop music and always have, but i would never protect or eliminate it from my children or younger kids. its actually a great way of telling your kids, this song is a hit, yada yada yada, but these words are bad. instead of not allowing them to hear it to begin with, they can learn from it. because they are going to hear the songs one way or another, so you might as well be the ones to let them hear it and tell them whats wrong with it. get what im sayin?


But isn't there plenty of hit music that doesn't use these bad words and bad themes? There are bad things/people in the world and as parents we are to protect our kids from these. My son doesn't need to know that some guys like to call women bitches and hos and pistol-whip a guy because he wore a red hat. Where's the benefit in that? We've gone over that there are bad people in the world. The guys like this coward who shot up the mall here in town and the mother up the street that drinks and yells at her kids. Why pop in a CD that has some enticing entities to it, but the message is glorifying the very things that you're telling him are wrong? If the music's cool, his clothes are cool, his money's cool, then what he's saying must be cool. Say what you will, but most kids are impressionable. If that weren't the case then celebrities wouldn't be as popular as they are. So many people believe exactly what they're told.

I have a ton of respect for you Snakes, as well as Art, another hip-hop junkie, and I don't want it to come across that I think you're wrong for listening to this music. I listen to Ozzy and he certainly says things that I don't practice, believe, or even understand ( :-b ). AD listens to Slayer. Do I think he's worships Satan? Hell no. But we're talking kids. And while we all want to believe that a child can make adult decisions and think logically about what is being played for them, they can't always. They will follow the leader because that's how they learn.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Family Fued - Need 100 Responses!

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:21 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote: They will follow the leader because that's how they learn.


Correct.
What is music these days besides mindless fluff , or product?
Give your kiddies Zeppelin or Floyd any day. ;-D
Good for what ails ya.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Family Fued - Need 100 Responses!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:13 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote: They will follow the leader because that's how they learn.


Correct.
What is music these days besides mindless fluff , or product?
Give your kiddies Zeppelin or Floyd any day. ;-D
Good for what ails ya.


My kid's favorite band is Pink Floyd (he's 8). He's getting a Floyd shirt for Christmas. It'll probably be his new favorite shirt. He always comments whenever he sees someone wearing a Floyd shirt and now he'll have his own. Took a while to find one in his size.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Family Fued - Need 100 Responses!

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:24 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote: They will follow the leader because that's how they learn.


Correct.
What is music these days besides mindless fluff , or product?
Give your kiddies Zeppelin or Floyd any day. ;-D
Good for what ails ya.


My kid's favorite band is Pink Floyd (he's 8). He's getting a Floyd shirt for Christmas. It'll probably be his new favorite shirt. He always comments whenever he sees someone wearing a Floyd shirt and now he'll have his own. Took a while to find one in his size.


i hear what you're saying. floyd? i guess you're teaching your kid to be a doper! j/k. i just think a kid learning on his own is much better than keeping them from it, because if they ever experience it when you're not there, its going to be a rude awakening.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Family Fued - Need 100 Responses!

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:29 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote: They will follow the leader because that's how they learn.


Correct.
What is music these days besides mindless fluff , or product?
Give your kiddies Zeppelin or Floyd any day. ;-D
Good for what ails ya.


My kid's favorite band is Pink Floyd (he's 8). He's getting a Floyd shirt for Christmas. It'll probably be his new favorite shirt. He always comments whenever he sees someone wearing a Floyd shirt and now he'll have his own. Took a while to find one in his size.


Mate if you have done that for your kid , you rule. ;-D (seriously ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D )

All my friends at school (in the mid 1990s) were playing grunge and rap , I was playing Zeppelin , Floyd and Queen and I was the freak?
Get a music education ladies!
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Family Fued - Need 100 Responses!

Postby bleach168 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:02 pm

1. Rudolph
2. Crank
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5058
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Family Fued - Need 100 Responses!

Postby Old_Style » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:06 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote: They will follow the leader because that's how they learn.


Correct.
What is music these days besides mindless fluff , or product?
Give your kiddies Zeppelin or Floyd any day. ;-D
Good for what ails ya.


My kid's favorite band is Pink Floyd (he's 8). He's getting a Floyd shirt for Christmas. It'll probably be his new favorite shirt. He always comments whenever he sees someone wearing a Floyd shirt and now he'll have his own. Took a while to find one in his size.


God bless you sir. ;-D
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: frebnvt34, unioreimi and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact