Milton Bradley signs w Texas - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milton Bradley signs w Texas

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Milton Bradley signs w Texas

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:19 pm

acsguitar wrote:Doesn't Bradley realize they actively use the death Penalty in Texas!??! Probably not the best state for someone with an Anger Management problem

lol :-b
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:48 pm

stumpak wrote:
BillyHallDisciple wrote:No disrespect intended to the more optimistic posters here, but I just can't get too excited over Milton Bradley anymore - he's been the fastest-rising player in the majors for, what, about 8 years now? Sure, he has potential, but he's only managed to collect over 400 AB's twice in his career 'cause he's so brittle. Not once has he hit 20 HR or stolen over 20 SB, so why should we expect him to suddenly hit both of those marks in the same year, he's gonna have a hard enough time hitting one of those milestones? He's also a hot-head on top of everything else, so if he's not injured he might be suspended. Waste of roster space.

Pass.

You miss the point. Of course Bradley is constantly hurt. But when is healthy, he produces very well for a guy who is on the WW in a lot of leagues. Take his totals for the last 5 years and divide by 600 ABs and you will see that at a full-season rate he actually produces better than 20/20, despite the fact that much of this time was in Oakland, which supposedly does not run either. I did this in another thread, but I am too lazy to search for it.

I don't think anyone would say that he will hit .300 20/20 this season. But in a 12 team league with a decent ammount of bench and DL spots, I would be very happy to take Bradley with my last pick and get .300 15/12 out of him for the 100 games that he is healthy.

Actually my point is he can't stay healthy or un-suspended enough to get those 600 AB's... Heck, of course if you pro-rate his numbers, he's a borderline a Hall of Famer.

Have fun with Bradley though, don't let me dissuade you from drafting him! I just like guys that are more reliable and who:
a) won't go on the DL when they get an owie on their pinky finger or
b) be shown the bench after pouting to the Manager after taking a swing at a teammate/umpire/fan.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:13 am

Sometimes it's very painful to be a Ranger fan. :,-( Bad enough that we're used to our pitching absolutely stinking, but add in the hot-head? Ouch. :,-(
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby High Heater » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:20 pm

theres a super slim chance this guy ever puts together a full healthy season but man if he ever did...
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby ayebatter » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:40 pm

Madison wrote:Sometimes it's very painful to be a Ranger fan. :,-( Bad enough that we're used to our pitching absolutely stinking, but add in the hot-head? Ouch. :,-(

I think you got a hot bat here, just hope he gets 500 at bats. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1364)

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:46 pm

ayebatter wrote:
Madison wrote:Sometimes it's very painful to be a Ranger fan. :,-( Bad enough that we're used to our pitching absolutely stinking, but add in the hot-head? Ouch. :,-(

I think you got a hot bat here, just hope he gets 500 at bats. ;-D

He's got the skills to play, I don't question or doubt that at all, and in our ballpark, he could be a monster at the plate. ;-D

The monster inside of him, those inner demons, or problems, or whatever, is what bothers me about this. Not sure it's good for the Rangers' image, the clubhouse chemistry, the fans, baseball in general, or anyone really.

I admit I'm a non-beliver that he's got his issues resolved. With any luck, I'll turn out to be wrong, but until that time comes, I'm not overly happy at all about signing him. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers