FFB venting thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

FFB venting thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: FFB venting thread

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:03 pm

stevethumb wrote:just curious to know if anyone heard any stories from fantasy footballers who had brian westbrook yesterday and were they affected by his dive on the goal line ?

Yep. :-D

I think it's awesome and completely unselfish what he did. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pablo975 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:42 am

I play in only one FB league with friends and am the 2 time reigning champ. I usually place well and make the playoffs and this year am 10-5 (weeks 16 - 17 playoffs) and got the #2 seed. I enjoy it, but it's nothing like baseball. I spend maybe 2 hours a week on football between watching, researching, tweaking the lineup, and getting bored or frustrated by lucky wins that benefit crap teams/owners. I spend about 20 per week on baseball and wish I had more time to do it (don't most of us since we're here?) and love every minute of it. And I'm champ of our keeper (dynasty beginning in 08) 5 years running now.

FBB is like having Christmas every day for 9 months. Some days it's like Christmas with my wife and the gifts are AWESOME. Sometime it's life Christmas with my aunt and I wanna puke. But it's constantly entertaining either way.

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:21 am

11 points exactly to get the win by 1. 8-o :-° Yay me! :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:28 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
stevethumb wrote:just curious to know if anyone heard any stories from fantasy footballers who had brian westbrook yesterday and were they affected by his dive on the goal line ?

Yep. :-D

I think it's awesome and completely unselfish what he did. ;-D

Had to wonder about this too, but a more fascinating question is how many of you Romo owners were affected by the Jessica Simpson jinx? ;-7

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:34 pm

Lost $500 bucks because 10 minutes before kickoff I decided to start Kitna over Garrard.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. :~(
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:48 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Lost $500 bucks because 10 minutes before kickoff I decided to start Kitna over Garrard.

My bad man. I didn't see ya ask that one in the forum. I would have def said to start Garrard :-/
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:44 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Lost $500 bucks because 10 minutes before kickoff I decided to start Kitna over Garrard.

My bad man. I didn't see ya ask that one in the forum. I would have def said to start Garrard :-/

ouch that sucks bad

unless LT scores 60 points + my cromartie, looks like i secured the W. :-°

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:53 am

deerayfan072 wrote:

Thanks, man. I don't doubt it.

I'm a football newbie. Beginners mistake?

I dunno...still won 250 bucks, and 2nd place in my first football league. :-D ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:35 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Thanks, man. I don't doubt it.

I'm a football newbie. Beginners mistake?

I dunno...still won 250 bucks, and 2nd place in my first football league. :-D ;-D

Yea. I mean I am sure some would have said to start Kitna b/c they throw a lot, but when you look at Garrard he has been very consistent it putting up good points. Also, Oakland sucks :-b

Glad I could help during the season though and at least you won some cash. In my big money league I came in second b/c the guy put up the most points he did all season in the finals. I beat him 2 times this season earlier, got me on the 3rd. Sucks because I outscored the next person by like 300 points on the season.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)

Postby Field » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:25 pm

I had K. Jones, W. Paker, and M. Colston all go down very early in each of their respective games. What's worse is that their backups had huge days (Davenport & Duckett). Needless to say, I got crushed. I might have had a chance if not for the injuries depending on how Marshall does tonight.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk