Tejada to the Astros? *UPDATE* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tejada to the Astros? *UPDATE*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tejada to the Astros? *UPDATE*

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:07 pm

I bet Tejada and BRob are on that magical list O' Roids and the Orioles probably know it
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Tejada to the Astros? *UPDATE*

Postby cjd92280 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:16 pm

acsguitar wrote:I bet Tejada and BRob are on that magical list O' Roids and the Orioles probably know it


tejada, I'de say yes....as for B-rob, he is 175 pounds soaking wet....if anything he is on HGH, but not roids. HGH will help the recovery time, and he is known to be always banged up.....
cjd92280
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 124
Joined: 6 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tejada to the Astros? *UPDATE*

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:24 pm

cjd92280 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I bet Tejada and BRob are on that magical list O' Roids and the Orioles probably know it


tejada, I'de say yes....as for B-rob, he is 175 pounds soaking wet....if anything he is on HGH, but not roids. HGH will help the recovery time, and he is known to be always banged up.....


so you didnt think it was fishy when he was jacking out home runs at a ridiculous clip and then just stopped? anyway thats not the point..

the o's should definitely be rebuilding and they have some nice pieces to deal to get younger, like tejada, bedard, b roberts, etc...
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Tejada to the Astros? *UPDATE*

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:25 pm

I don't know why the Orioles don't have a full-on Florida-style fire sale.
The Dodgers seem pretty gung-ho on trading Andy LaRoche (maybe he provides too much OBP for LA's liking and isn't 57 years old) so they could offer some of their "proven vets" for him.
Maybe Tejada and Mora for 4-5 Dodgers prospects?
There's a start.

The Cow wrote:Maybe the Yanks and Sox should just have their own division, LOL. Though the Tribe is still better than both unless of course the Sox get Santana.

The Cow


Oakland is better then both of them too. ;-D
There aren't many teams that aren't better then the Yankees. You have to have a bad guy :-b

The AussieDodger
Image
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11354
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Tejada to the Astros? *UPDATE*

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:29 pm

if you're an oakland fan and hate la, why is your name aussiedodger?
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Tejada to the Astros? *UPDATE*

Postby BUCCOFAN » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:32 pm

cordscords wrote:So it looks like a no go?

:~(


Take it for what its worth, (the Rosenthal Report)

Sources told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthat that, although the two sides have discussed a trade, the Orioles and Astros are not close to a Miguel Tejada trade.The Astros apparently believed a trade was possible Wednesday night, telling at least two other clubs that they were on the verge of a major deal. They were apparently working on a four-team trade at the time. Rosenthal doesn't believe an offer of Chris Burke, Adam Everett and a pitcher would be nearly enough for Tejada. The Orioles, though, may have to come down on their price if they really hope to rebuild.
Image
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamCafe Ranker
Posts: 2826
(Past Year: 257)
Joined: 27 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Canada

Re: Tejada to the Astros? *UPDATE*

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:40 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:if you're an oakland fan and hate la, why is your name aussiedodger?


You'll notice I joined here on January 23 2006.

Juan Pierre of
5 years/$44M (2007-11)

* signed as a free agent 11/06
* 07:$7.5M, 08:$8M, 09:$10M, 10:$10M, 11:$8.5M


Jason Schmidt p
3 years/$47M (2007-09)

* signed as a free agent 12/06
* $10.5M signing bonus (paid 2008-2011)
* 07:$12.5M, 08:$12M, 09:$12M
* no-trade protection
* perks: premium tickets for home games


They had MOUNTAINS of money to spend that year. And what did they get? ^^^^^^
In the space of a month they lost me. I have only been following baseball regularly since 2004. LAD had only been my team since 2004.
Image
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11354
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Tejada to the Astros? *UPDATE*

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:45 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:if you're an oakland fan and hate la, why is your name aussiedodger?


You'll notice I joined here on January 23 2006.

Juan Pierre of
5 years/$44M (2007-11)

* signed as a free agent 11/06
* 07:$7.5M, 08:$8M, 09:$10M, 10:$10M, 11:$8.5M


Jason Schmidt p
3 years/$47M (2007-09)

* signed as a free agent 12/06
* $10.5M signing bonus (paid 2008-2011)
* 07:$12.5M, 08:$12M, 09:$12M
* no-trade protection
* perks: premium tickets for home games


They had MOUNTAINS of money to spend that year. And what did they get? ^^^^^^
In the space of a month they lost me. I have only been following baseball regularly since 2004. LAD had only been my team since 2004.


yea Schmidt and Pierre were pretty awful signings. SO will Andruw jones be
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Tejada to the Astros? *UPDATE*

Postby OREO fan » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:55 pm

BUCCOFAN wrote:
cordscords wrote:So it looks like a no go?

:~(


Take it for what its worth, (the Rosenthal Report)

Sources told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthat that, although the two sides have discussed a trade, the Orioles and Astros are not close to a Miguel Tejada trade.The Astros apparently believed a trade was possible Wednesday night, telling at least two other clubs that they were on the verge of a major deal. They were apparently working on a four-team trade at the time. Rosenthal doesn't believe an offer of Chris Burke, Adam Everett and a pitcher would be nearly enough for Tejada. The Orioles, though, may have to come down on their price if they really hope to rebuild.


If the O's do this deal, barring some stud prospect thrown in, I will be calling for MacPhail's job already.
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 267
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tejada to the Astros? *UPDATE*

Postby ayebatter » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:16 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:if you're an oakland fan and hate la, why is your name aussiedodger?


You'll notice I joined here on January 23 2006.

Juan Pierre of
5 years/$44M (2007-11)

* signed as a free agent 11/06
* 07:$7.5M, 08:$8M, 09:$10M, 10:$10M, 11:$8.5M


Jason Schmidt p
3 years/$47M (2007-09)

* signed as a free agent 12/06
* $10.5M signing bonus (paid 2008-2011)
* 07:$12.5M, 08:$12M, 09:$12M
* no-trade protection
* perks: premium tickets for home games


They had MOUNTAINS of money to spend that year. And what did they get? ^^^^^^
In the space of a month they lost me. I have only been following baseball regularly since 2004. LAD had only been my team since 2004.



He's been waiting for oh soooo long for you to ask that question :-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12133
(Past Year: 1436)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gregoryxv18 and 13 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact