More Tiger moves coming - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

More Tiger moves coming

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

More Tiger moves coming

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:46 am

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 191&spln=1

As expected, the Detroit Free Press reports that the Tigers are looking to trade Brandon Inge following the deal for Miguel Cabrera.
Along with Inge, Marcus Thames and Chad Durbin are also said to be available as the Tigers look to cut payroll. Another option would be playing Cabrera in left field and keeping Inge at third base, but the Tigers apparently aren't considering that alignment despite how much better it would make their defense. Inge is owed $19.1 million over the next three seasons and hit just .236/.312/.376 in 2007, but plays strong defense and smacked 27 homers in 2006. Dec. 5 - 11:32 am et

The Tigers now have Inge and MCab at third and Maggs, Granderson, Jones, Sheff and Thames in the OF.

I don't like Inge but Thames is one to keep an eye on - 18 HR and 54 RBI in only 86 games and is 1B/OF eligible. If he lands a starting job he is a serious sleeper.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: More Tiger moves coming

Postby apz » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:05 am

NY papers saying that Tigers may also be looking to move Dontrelle Willis for prospects.
apz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 33)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:57 am

Thames has some power (i forget what his HR/AB ratio was last year but it's pretty damn good from what i remember)...i gotta think there would be teams intersted in him
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:59 am

Can Inge play 2B??
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:12 pm

acsguitar wrote:Can Inge play 2B??

i'm sure he can...he is probably the best athlete in MLB ;-7

in all seriousness though he came up as a SS, moved to Cather, moved to 3B, played OF so i'm sure he could handle 2B
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:13 pm

apz wrote:NY papers saying that Tigers may also be looking to move Dontrelle Willis for prospects.

thats bunk.

Clearly the Tigers are trying to win now, so trading a SP for prospects isnt going in the right direction. Theonly way I can see it is if the Mets are so desperate for DTrain that they make the Tigers an offer they couldnt refuse.

One thing is certain though - DD is constantly on the phone talking with other clubs right now.

Inge is gone - its just a matter of time.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:18 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:

in all seriousness though he came up as a SS, moved to Cather, moved to 3B, played OF so i'm sure he could handle 2B

In Coors he could actually be Decent!! Call up Odowd
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:25 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

In Coors he could actually be Decent!! Call up Odowd

with his swing for the fence mentality he'd probably put up .250/30...he might break the strikeout record too :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:31 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
apz wrote:NY papers saying that Tigers may also be looking to move Dontrelle Willis for prospects.

thats bunk.

Clearly the Tigers are trying to win now, so trading a SP for prospects isnt going in the right direction. Theonly way I can see it is if the Mets are so desperate for DTrain that they make the Tigers an offer they couldnt refuse.

One thing is certain though - DD is constantly on the phone talking with other clubs right now.

Willis is not a great Sp, he is average IMO, he has gotten worse each year. I think he was a throw in to take the money personally.

I have heard that the Rays are discussing getting Brandon Inge from the Tigers. He would bring competition to 3B with Longoria and if Evan isn't ready he would start at 3b. He also provides depth for our INF and ha can play OF too right? :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:31 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

thats bunk.

Willis is not a great Sp, he is average IMO, he has gotten worse each year. I think he was a throw in to take the money personally.

I have heard that the Rays are discussing getting Brandon Inge from the Tigers. He would bring competition to 3B with Longoria and if Evan isn't ready he would start at 3b. He also provides depth for our INF and ha can play OF too right? :-?

defensivly i think he could play anywhere on the field, play it well too...
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers