Kory Casto? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Kory Casto?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kory Casto?

Postby JRM4833 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:10 pm

I'm looking for some info on Kory Casto. I have the option of keeping him as one of my minor league players, or putting him back in the draft for a third round minor league draft pick. Any thoughts? He was basically a throw in in a much larger trade last year and I know next to nothing about him.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kory Casto?

Postby Koby Schellenger » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:21 pm

He's a streaky hitter. He has a good bat though. He hits for good average and power. The move to the outfield will help him find playing time, but he's still not much to write home about.
** http://www.moundtalk.com ** MLB June Mock Draft ongoing.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:34 pm

Koby Schellenger wrote:He's a streaky hitter. He has a good bat though. He hits for good average and power. The move to the outfield will help him find playing time, but he's still not much to write home about.

Well, the move to the OF might have helped him if he was not in the Washington organization that has a ton of better and young OF on the team already. I personally would like to see him traded to another team and moved back to the hot corner to improve his value because he wasn't really bad there. The Twins and Phillies make sense.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby Koby Schellenger » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:23 am

Havok1517 wrote:
Koby Schellenger wrote:He's a streaky hitter. He has a good bat though. He hits for good average and power. The move to the outfield will help him find playing time, but he's still not much to write home about.

Well, the move to the OF might have helped him if he was not in the Washington organization that has a ton of better and young OF on the team already. I personally would like to see him traded to another team and moved back to the hot corner to improve his value because he wasn't really bad there. The Twins and Phillies make sense.

Even with the added depth, he's more likely to get playing time as an outfielder than as a third baseman with Ryan Zimmerman routed at third.
** http://www.moundtalk.com ** MLB June Mock Draft ongoing.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:59 am

Kory Casto, 3B: Closer to the majors than Marrero but trailing him in terms of ceiling, Kasto, 24, projects as a decent major league third baseman. At 6-foot-1 and 195-pound, the left-handed hitter continued to move up one level at a time, facing Double-A pitchers for the first time in 2006.

Kasto posted solid .272/.379/.468 vitals in 489 Double-A Harrisburg at-bats. He’ll begin 2007 in Triple-A New Orleans and will either be put on display as mid-season trade bait or be reconverted to the outfield.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:42 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Kory Casto, 3B: Closer to the majors than Marrero but trailing him in terms of ceiling, Kasto, 24, projects as a decent major league third baseman. At 6-foot-1 and 195-pound, the left-handed hitter continued to move up one level at a time, facing Double-A pitchers for the first time in 2006.

Kasto posted solid .272/.379/.468 vitals in 489 Double-A Harrisburg at-bats. He’ll begin 2007 in Triple-A New Orleans and will either be put on display as mid-season trade bait or be reconverted to the outfield.

Yeah, he obviously needs a trade.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby brettsbombers » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:30 pm

I hear you bro I just gave up on casto myself for less then a third round pick throw him back. and take a chance on someone who could turn into more than 4th outfielder.
brettsbombers
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Steve-o » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:24 pm

Toss him back.

As a 26 yo in AAA (which is a little old imo), he had about 4.4 PA/k (bad) and only a 33% xBH% (also bad). Plus he hit .246.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Minor League & College Baseball