BoTVC Round 1 - MacGyver Vs. Cliff Huxtable - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

BoTVC Round 1 - MacGyver Vs. Cliff Huxtable

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MacGyver Vs. Cliff Huxtable

Poll ended at Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:32 pm

MacGyver
60%
Cliff Huxtable
40%

Total votes : 30

Re: BoTVC Round 1 - MacGyver Vs. Cliff Huxtable

Postby statsman88 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:43 am

wow, I actually watched both these characters for once :-B

Cosby was classic and he was pretty funny, plus he did a ton of ad-lib which I give him props for ;-D

but MacGyver is the man, I swear he could make a bomb out of a pencil, and I went with him ;-D
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:42 pm

I was a huge fan of MacGyver as a kid. Still am. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:47 pm

Pilot (1x01)

* MacGyver defuses a highly advanced nuclear warhead using a simple paper clip to short circuit the timing device, which stops right at the last second.
* MacGyver makes a "Rocket Thruster" by hitting a flare gun with a Rock, launching him and a man he rescues off of a mountain where he later releases a parachute and makes a swift getaway.
* MacGyver smashes a pair of binoculars, removing a prism to deflect a laser beam back to the emitter and destroys it. He also wipes his optics clean with bare fingers. Time index: 21:00. As a side note, the episode states that the laser is a carbon dioxide laser. These operate at a wavelength of approximately 10 micrometers (far infrared) and are thus invisible no matter how much smoke is in the air. Also the wavelength of a carbon dioxide laser is readily absorbed by normal glass and optics.
* MacGyver plugs a sulfuric acid leak with chocolate. He states that chocolate contains lactose and sucrose (chemically C12H22O11), which are disaccharides. The acid reacts with the sugars to form elemental carbon and a thick gummy residue.
* When MacGyver needs to move a large steel beam blocking his way, he cuts the end off a fire hose, ties a knot in the hose, and runs the hose under the beam. He then turns on the water, and the hydraulic pressure in the hose causes the beam to lift enough for him to shift it out of the way.
* MacGyver creates a bomb to open a door using a gelatin cold capsule containing sodium metal, which he then places in a glass container filled with water. When the gelatin dissolves in the water, the sodium reacts violently with the water and causes an explosion which blows a hole in the wall.
* MacGyver hints that he knows how to make a bomb or otherwise get through a solid wall with a stick of gum, via a sarcastic remark from Barbara Spencer. "Don't tell me you know how to make a bomb out of a stick of chewing gum" "Why, you got one?"

All this in one episode... Who needs a gun? :-°
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk