Any new talks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Any new talks

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Any new talks

Postby ibsuckssobad08 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:33 pm

I have been gone for a while im back, i personally like the garza trade and i think barlett is a how the rays should be, very good speed with good fielding.... What are the updates with brignac and longoria... i also like the deal with dukes for the pitching but can we work on some minor league hitters now? :) and are we ever going to get a catcher who bats over 250?
ibsuckssobad08
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Any new talks

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:12 pm

ibsuckssobad08 wrote:I have been gone for a while im back, i personally like the garza trade and i think barlett is a how the rays should be, very good speed with good fielding.... What are the updates with brignac and longoria... i also like the deal with dukes for the pitching but can we work on some minor league hitters now? :) and are we ever going to get a catcher who bats over 250?

Brignac will start the year in AAA after a tough season last year in the minors and in the AFL.

Evan will most likely be the starting 3B at the start of 2008 after dominating AAA and the World when he played for team USA

The Rays are in talks for maybe another catcher, but we do have Navarro and Riggans with Jaso in AAA next season.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:17 pm

ibsuckssobad08 wrote:I have been gone for a while im back, i personally like the garza trade and i think barlett is a how the rays should be, very good speed with good fielding.... What are the updates with brignac and longoria... i also like the deal with dukes for the pitching but can we work on some minor league hitters now? :) and are we ever going to get a catcher who bats over 250?

Bartlett and good fielding in the same sentence?? %-6
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:31 am

raiders_umpire wrote:

He has good range and because of that he made some errors because of trying to make great plays. Also, he was injured last season. I think he has more range than anyone we have available to us and will be better this year if he stays healthy
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:36 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

He has good range and because of that he made some errors because of trying to make great plays. Also, he was injured last season. I think he has more range than anyone we have available to us and will be better this year if he stays healthy

Good range not great.
Average defender not great.
Injured or not, he has always been an average defensively at the SS position.
Is he better then anybody we have in our system, yes.
Will he make a Tulo like difference in our pitching staff, not a chance.
Can he help Longoria and Iwamura on the infield, definitely.
If people are expecting him to come in and be the saviour, please think again. His best bet to stick as a Ray is to help Evan grow more then anything else.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ibsuckssobad08 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm

i dont think he will be a savior, i have seen him and like his speed, some of his errors have been made while trying to force things that other SS wouldn't even get to..... i mean i think he will help out a little bit defensivly and i think with evan getting called up our offense looks pretty good.... does this sound right for lineup?.... any thoughts on batting order

C-Navarro
1B-Pena
2B-Longoria
SS-Barlett
3B-Aki
LF-Crawford
CF-Upton
RF-Gomes
DH-Baldelli

also what are the updates with getting a lefty hitter
ibsuckssobad08
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:29 pm

ibsuckssobad08 wrote:i dont think he will be a savior, i have seen him and like his speed, some of his errors have been made while trying to force things that other SS wouldn't even get to..... i mean i think he will help out a little bit defensivly and i think with evan getting called up our offense looks pretty good.... does this sound right for lineup?.... any thoughts on batting order

C-Navarro
1B-Pena
2B-Longoria
SS-Barlett
3B-Aki
LF-Crawford
CF-Upton
RF-Gomes
DH-Baldelli

also what are the updates with getting a lefty hitter

:-o :-o Longoria will be at 3rd, Aki at 2nd. !+)
raiders_umpire

Postby ibsuckssobad08 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:32 pm

are you sure? i was reading something that said maddon was going to put longoria at 2nd because aki did so well at 3rd last yr
ibsuckssobad08
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:47 pm

ibsuckssobad08 wrote:are you sure? i was reading something that said maddon was going to put longoria at 2nd because aki did so well at 3rd last yr

Aki is definitely playing 2B. They even came out two days ago and said Aki will be at 2B even if Longoria is not ready. Aki is our new 2B.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:49 pm

If the season started today I think Maddon would make the lineup something like this:

Aki
CC
Upton
Longoria
Pena
Rocco
Gomes
Navarro
Bartlett
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero