3rd YR, $110 Contract Dynasty looking for New Owner. Cafe Ow - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

3rd YR, $110 Contract Dynasty looking for New Owner. Cafe Ow

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

3rd YR, $110 Contract Dynasty looking for New Owner. Cafe Ow

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:57 am

This league has been operating for 2 years. Its a 16 team league with a $110 entry fee of which 100% is paid out after CBS fees. We have a standard 6x6 league (5x5 + OPS and Holds) which is scored H2H. Most every person in the league was found through the Cafe and most everyone is still around from year 1. 2008 will be our 3rd year of operation and I can say that the first two have been a lot of fun. This league uses salaries and contracts as well as minor leaguers. The cap for the MLB team is $265 each year.

League is currently hosted at CBS Sportsline with our off-season activities moving from the Cafe last year to http://cupocoffee.freeforums.org/index.php

We are in need of one team. We just started our minor league draft and its his pick in the 1st round (haven't missed a pick) and the owner hasn't checked in over 3 weeks. Since he hasn't paid his entry fee or given me a reason to wait, I am going after a new and more active owner.

Player, position, team, salary, years contracted.

Delgado, Carlos 1B NYM $27, 1
Giles, Marcus 2B SD $7,1
Blalock, Hank 3B TEX $22,3
Furcal, Rafael SS LA $19,1
Burrell, Pat LF PHI $20, 2
Gomes, Jonny DH TB $7,3
[bHermida, Jeremy RF FLA $3, 2 [/b]
Jeter, Derek SS NYY $25,1
Pie, Felix CF CHC $3,2
Taveras, Willy CF COL $6,3
Johnson, Nick 1B WAS $5, 3

Gorzelanny, Tom SP PIT $5,1
Harang, Aaron SP CIN $6,2
Hernandez, Orlando SP NYM $2,1
Petit, Yusmeiro RP ARI $3,2
Wood, Kerry SP CHC $7,1
Zumaya, Joel RP DET $3,2
Liriano, Francisco SP MIN $3,2
Nolasco, Ricky SP FLA $2,2
Oswalt, Roy SP HOU $26,1
Pinto, Renyel RP FLA $1,1
Reyes, Anthony SP STL $3,2
Gonzalez, Mike RP ATL $7,3
Johnson, Randy SP ARI $23,1

MINOR LEAGUERS:
Snyder, Brandon C BAL
Koshansky, Joe 1B COL
Dewitt, Blake 2B LA
Green, Andy 2B ARI
Brignac, Reid SS TB
Andrus, Elvis OF ATL
Gonzalez, Carlos OF ARI
Herrera, Javier OF OAK

Bailey, Homer SP CIN
Haigwood, Dan P BOS
Lindsay, Shane P COL
Morales, Franklin SP COL
Pawlalek, Mark P CHC
Last edited by Cleveland Steamers on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Re: 3 YR Dynasty League looking for New Owner. MiLB draft Starti

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:56 pm

I want to that while we just started the minor league draft, this team is set to select now in the 1st round. A pick has not been missed. As soon as someone joins, they can make their selection. I can help you with all of the rules, which are pretty easy once you read them over.

Constitution below:

16 Team H2H Dynasty League
Yahoo Based Free League
$110 Entry Fee with 100% payout

PAYOUTS FOR 07

1st- 44%
2nd- 22%
3rd- 13%
4th- 9%
5th- 6%
6th- 3%

best 2nd half record (to a team not in playoffs)- 3% OF POT

POSITIONS
HITTING: C,1B,2B,SS,3B,OF,OF,OF,OF,UTL,UTL(acts as DH)
PITCHING: P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P
9 Bench players of any position

Position Eligibility:
CBS Rules will be in order to determine position elgibility.

ROSTER
28 man MLB roster ---3 Man MLB DL
0-unlimited Minor League Roster

STAT CATEGORIES: 6x6
AVG, RBI, HR, SB, R, OPS, W, SV, K, WHIP, ERA, Holds

25 Innings Pitched per week Minimum

Free Agent Limit: None.

MLB roster may not exceed $265

FREE AGENTS/WAIVERS
Will go by the waiver system. If you sign a player, you can sign that player to a long term deal if you have any long term contracts available. This MUST be done within 48 hours of picking up that player. After that time, you lose your rights to extend.

Off-season free agents will be up for auction. The team that loses the player to free agency has the ability to match any offer, they need not exceed it. For example, say Pujols goes on free agency and the highest bid is $49….the team who lost him to free agency can match the $49 bid and retain his services. All free agents in the off-season will be dealt through auction.

DRAFT AND OFF-SEASON
We will hold a Snake style draft to disperse minor league players. Order will be determined at a later date using a draft generator. We will have a slow forum auction for the MLB rosters. Pick trading is allowed in the minor league draft and you have the ability to trade players throughout the minor league draft and MLB auction. In 2007, each trade made is not up for veto. The trade, once accepted will go through. If the trade is ridiculous, owners can message me or post on our CBS board or here. If the trade messes with the intergrity of the league, the trade can be vetoed. This will happen only if deemed absolutely necessary.

Our definition of a minor leaguer is any player who has had less than 130ABS. A starting pitched is minor league eligible if he has thrown less than 50 innings and a reliever can be drafted in the minor draft if he has thrown less than or equal to 20 innings (must be a reliever in the minor leagues).

Japanese Posted players and current high school players (those not selected in the MLB amatuer draft) are the only not available in the minor league draft.

The MLB rosters will contain 28 players as stated above. The minor league “rookie” draft will be 10 Rounds determined by the finishing order the previous year shown below.

The next season's minor league draft order will be based on the previous year's standings. Finishers 7-16 will have the #1-#12 picks, finishers 6-1 with then follow, the 1st place team drafting 16th.

2008 Minor League Draft Selections Available Contracts:
2 - 4 years
3 - 3 years
3 - 2 years

Salaries:
rds 1-2 $5
rds 3-4 $4
rds 5-6 $3
rds 7-8 $2
rds 9-10 $1

Rounds 9 and 10 are signed to a contract at the owners discretion without taking away a contract. So you can sign both your 9th and 10th round pick to 4 year deals without taking 2 4 year deals away.

When the minor league players are entered into CBS, they will have salaries entered at $0. This is to prevent those salaries counting against the salary cap. When you promote a minor league player is promoted to your MLB roster, please post you are doing this so we can immediately change his salary to his right amount. That player will then count against your MLB salary cap.

Once a minor league player has had 130+ABs, 50IPs (SP), or 20IP (RP) you must bring him up or drop that player. Once those totals have been met, that player may never again be in a farm system at any time. if you are found to have a player that has passed these limits by more than 24 hours, then his contract shall be automatically activated.

If for any reason you bring a player up to your MLB team, that player must remain on your MLB team or be dropped.

You may not add minor league players throughout the season. If a minor league player has been activated on an owner's team and then dropped, you can pick that player up off free agency but his salary will revert to the free agent $5 and a contract of 1 year which you can then extend if you have the contracts. You may drop a minor leaguer for whatever reason at any time at no salary cap cost. If a minor leaguer hits his rookie limits (130AB, 50IP) he must be activated or dropped.

SALARY CAP
The total roster salary cap is $265. You may make moves to lower your total salaries, but the cap will always remain $265 under every circumstance.

Each owner must buy 28 players at the auction (a full roster). You can choose to start off the auction with a minor leaguer called up to your roster, but remember that once a minor leaguer is activated, he must stay on your MLB roster or be dropped. If you buy less than 28, the remaining roster spots must be filled by the right number of minor league players. If for example, you buy 25 players at auction and fill the remaining spots with minor leaguers you have to take their salaries into account. If all three minor leaguers you move up have $3 salaries you then would only have $256 for the 25 players. ($265 - (3x$3))

Each team will have $265 (the cap) minus their current player's salaries and there current contract obligations from eats or drops for the MLB auction.

PLAYOFF RULES and schedule

There will be 6 money playoff births every season. The first and second place teams throughout the regular season will receive first round byes in the playoffs. The playoffs will take 4 weeks.

Starting in 2007, every team will participate in the playoffs. The final standings after the playoffs will then determine the following year's minor league draft order.

PLAYER CONTRACTS

MLB Auction (for 2007)
These include players already on your team. For example, if you currently have 5 guys on your team with 4 year contracts, you will not be able to extend any player obtained through auction or trade to a 4 year deal.

1 player @ 5 years
4 players @ 4 years
5 players @ 3 years
Unlimited @ 2 years
Unlimited @ 1 year

*if you make a trade, you can sign a player to a longer term contract than that player was previously given. This may ONLY be an option if you have long term contracts to give. For example, I trade for Joe Blow whose salary is $10 and is signed to a 1 year deal. I have a 3 year contract remaining. I can then extend his contract to 3 years and am now liable for his contract for all three years. You cannot however trade for a guy with a 5 year deal and decide to take that deal down to 2 years.

*You can only extend a player's contract one time per player for the life of the contract. If you extend a player's contract, he cannot be extended again and must go to auction after the extended deal concludes.

*If and when a minor league contract expires you may NOT resign that player to another minor league contract. If you resign through the auction (you must buy the player in the auction when his contract is over) the player must go on your MLB roster. Only way you can get them back on your minor roster is by drafting them again in the next available minor league draft. Obviously, if the player has qualified for MLB status, he must be auctioned off after he hits free agency.

*If you sign a player to a contract you must take on part of his salary if you drop the player. Players signed for just 1 year may be dropped without penalty. A contracted player will take the following percentages when dropped:
1st year – 60%
2nd year – 35%
3rd Year – 20%
4th Year – 10%

For example, if I sign A.Pujols for $50 for 5 years, I am responsible for at least a portion or that contract if he remains on my team or if I drop him. If I drop him his salary break down would look like this:

This year: $30
Next year: $17.50 which would round down to $17
3rd year: $10
4th year: $5

So for the first year, my salary would drop by $25 since I would only be responsible for the 60% of his contract. The second year, my salary would take an $18 hit since I dropped a contracted player, the 3rd year my team would take a $10 hit, and etc. So contract years should be given after significant thought, since it will hurt your team by dropping a player who you’ve contracted. ALL cap penalties will round DOWN. So if I have a cap penalty on someone this year of $4.95, the penalty I take would be $4.

**One possible misconception**
Example:
I have a $10 Tom Seaver who I signed to a four year deal in the 2006 auction. I had him all through 2006 and start with him on my roster in 2007. Seaver sucks so I decide to drop him and his 4 year contract. I will then have to pay $6 of his salary in '07, $3 in '08, and $2 in '09. It makes no difference that he is in the second year of his contract. When a guy is signed for over 1 year, you always eat 60% of his contract when dropped (the amount is rounded down but at least $1).

Free Agency Signing

Again...If you sign a player off free-agency, you may sign them to a multi-year contract but you must do so within 48 hours of when you grab the player off free agency. If you sign a guy and do not announce any long term signing, it is assumed he is for one year. If you announce a longer deal, I will change the information for you. If you take a player off of free agency who is a minor league drafted player, you may sign him to a longer deal but that player MUST be kept on your MLB roster and cannot be put in your minor league system.

DL
If you have a position player go on the DL, you may sign a free agent for free to take that players spot without taking on that players salary (if needed only). When the DL's player is activated you must take the player off the DL and make the necessary moves to get your roster to 28 players. At that time, the free agent pickup's salary will revert to $5 if you choose to keep him.

FEES

The entry fee will be $110. Of that $110, 100% (minus CBS fees) will be paid out as prize money. Depending on how many teams enter the league, payouts will differ and will be determined at a later time. No transaction fees will be needed. The fees for the league may slowly rise in the future depending on how the owners in the league may feel about the rising entry fee.

OFFSEASON

trading is allowed in the offseason. dropping of players is not allowed until after the auction. all salaries/contracts will roll down as of the final day of the season, at that point players on 1 yr deals wil become FA. so there will be no more trading of "lame duck" contracts as was the case last year. note that this gives the trade deadline added importance, as it is the last chance to deal/extend players on 1yr deals. new contracts (your yearly new set of deals to assign) will also be available starting the last day of the season, so if you make trades in the offseason you will have plenty of contracts to extend people with.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Re: 3rd YR, $110 Contract Dynasty looking for New Owner. Cafe Ow

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:23 pm

Needing new owner ASAP. This team just added Josh Vitters to a nice $5, 4 year contract that doesn't begin until he hit the MLB team.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:07 pm

New owner will get a $20 discount on the entry fee for a competitive team. Normally $110 but due to immediate need, willing to cut $20 for this year. PM me...
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Postby redbax4218 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:18 pm

I'll take the team, though it might be a few years before I get the team running well.

email me at my screen name redbax4218 at yahoo if its still available.
"experience is something you get just after you need it"
redbax4218
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:35 pm

redbax4218 wrote:I'll take the team, though it might be a few years before I get the team running well.

email me at my screen name redbax4218 at yahoo if its still available.

I just e-mailed...I hope to see you join.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Chazz » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:18 pm

i am also interested....
Chazz
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Grangers710 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:46 pm

So for example on the team listed above with Delgado, he has no "4" year contract players of a "5" year contract player. Granted I'm sure someone on that team was at 1 time, but does that mean next year that a team will be able to have a fresh 5 year contract to give and 4 4 year contracts to give? I guess I'm a little hazy on the rules, but very interested.
Grangers710
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:29 pm

Grangers710 wrote:So for example on the team listed above with Delgado, he has no "4" year contract players of a "5" year contract player. Granted I'm sure someone on that team was at 1 time, but does that mean next year that a team will be able to have a fresh 5 year contract to give and 4 4 year contracts to give? I guess I'm a little hazy on the rules, but very interested.

yeah, this team can buy a player or trade for a player and has huge contracts to give...

Like you said, this team could buy a player in the auction and sign him to a 5 year deal and still have 4 year contracts to give through auction buys or later trades and extensions.

This team can really compete without question. Another plus is that you can drop guys with 1 year contracts after the auction without any penalties at all...
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Grangers710 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:13 pm

Ok, so say for that team above, delgado, furcal, and jeter are all in 1 year contracts. So say I do the auction, and then decide to drop them all at no penalty and clear up a good chunk of my income. Can I think go and pick them back up off free agency and only assign then the $5 FA salary?
Grangers710
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Classifieds