Top 10 3B for 2008 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top 10 3B for 2008

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Top 10 3B for 2008

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:47 pm

bigken117 wrote:I'm surprised this is the first time Gordon's been mentioned in this thread. I too would wait a couple extra rounds and draft Gordon instead of Beltre, Zimmerman, Lowell...and if Gordon's gone, there are a few other players who could surprise, EE (in wkelly's top 10), Longoria, Fields, LaRoche to name a few. Yeah, I like the young players with upside.


And yet you don't like Zimm? :-? I really like him to bounce back next year. He's young, the lineup around him should be better, and I'm hoping the park will be better than RFK. I guess only time will tell, but I'd much rather take a chance on Zimm than EE, Longoria, Fields, or LaRoche, especially in a redraft.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13710
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Re: Top 10 3B for 2008

Postby Yoda » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:59 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
bigken117 wrote:I'm surprised this is the first time Gordon's been mentioned in this thread. I too would wait a couple extra rounds and draft Gordon instead of Beltre, Zimmerman, Lowell...and if Gordon's gone, there are a few other players who could surprise, EE (in wkelly's top 10), Longoria, Fields, LaRoche to name a few. Yeah, I like the young players with upside.


And yet you don't like Zimm? :-? I really like him to bounce back next year. He's young, the lineup around him should be better, and I'm hoping the park will be better than RFK. I guess only time will tell, but I'd much rather take a chance on Zimm than EE, Longoria, Fields, or LaRoche, especially in a redraft.


I like Zimmerman but his wrist is going to be an issue in 08.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Top 10 3B for 2008

Postby bigken117 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:12 pm

Yoda wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
bigken117 wrote:I'm surprised this is the first time Gordon's been mentioned in this thread. I too would wait a couple extra rounds and draft Gordon instead of Beltre, Zimmerman, Lowell...and if Gordon's gone, there are a few other players who could surprise, EE (in wkelly's top 10), Longoria, Fields, LaRoche to name a few. Yeah, I like the young players with upside.


And yet you don't like Zimm? :-? I really like him to bounce back next year. He's young, the lineup around him should be better, and I'm hoping the park will be better than RFK. I guess only time will tell, but I'd much rather take a chance on Zimm than EE, Longoria, Fields, or LaRoche, especially in a redraft.


I like Zimmerman but his wrist is going to be an issue in 08.


Well Zimmerman will be long gone by the time I'm picking through the EE's and Josh Fields' of the pile. I do like young guys with upside, and I guess Zimmerman qualifies, but he's still gonna go too early compared to where I would be willing to take him. And I know he definitely hasn't shown as much as Zimm, but straight up, I think I'd rather have Gordon.
Image

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12879
(Past Year: 248)
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: posed in an awkward stance

Re: Top 10 3B for 2008

Postby sgnilloccaz » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:34 pm

1. Alex Rodriguez
2. David Wright
3. Miguel Cabrera
4. Ryan Braun
5. Aramis Ramirez
6. Chipper Jones
7. Garrett Atkins
8. Mike Lowell
9. Chone Figgins
10. Ryan Zimmerman
....Upton,Sanchez, Glaus
Image
sgnilloccaz
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 133
Joined: 9 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 10 3B for 2008

Postby Philliebuster » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:22 pm

1. Alex Rodriguez
2. David Wright
3. Garrett Atkins
4. Miguel Cabrera
5. Aramis Ramirez
6. Ryan Braun
7. Chone Figgins
8. Chipper Jones
9. Ryan Zimmerman
10. Mike Lowell

Nice depth at this position next year.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1238
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Re: Top 10 3B for 2008

Postby jake_harv88 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:07 am

Big Pimpin wrote:
bigken117 wrote:I'm surprised this is the first time Gordon's been mentioned in this thread. I too would wait a couple extra rounds and draft Gordon instead of Beltre, Zimmerman, Lowell...and if Gordon's gone, there are a few other players who could surprise, EE (in wkelly's top 10), Longoria, Fields, LaRoche to name a few. Yeah, I like the young players with upside.


And yet you don't like Zimm? :-? I really like him to bounce back next year. He's young, the lineup around him should be better, and I'm hoping the park will be better than RFK. I guess only time will tell, but I'd much rather take a chance on Zimm than EE, Longoria, Fields, or LaRoche, especially in a redraft.



I agree here. I'll take zimm over that group, but I'm taking gordon over Zimm. The wrist injury is really scary to me and I could see him being alot like derrick lee....
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2021
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cafe of Fantasies

Re: Top 10 3B for 2008

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:25 am

Mine:

1. Arod
2. MCab
3. Wright
4. Aram
5. Braun
6 Atkins
7. Chipper
8. Zimmerman

After that I think it's a tossup. I don't buy Braun being nearly as good in his second season when he has pitchers actually watching film on him all year long. He also leveled off a bit toward the end of the season. I also think MCab will challenge for the top spot, but I know nobody will follow me on that one. Arod just hasn't put back-to-back seasons like this in a while. I project about 35 HR for him, which means when you factor MCab's BA he'll be on even turf.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1057
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 10 3B for 2008

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:05 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote: Arod just hasn't put back-to-back seasons like this in a while. I project about 35 HR for him, which means when you factor MCab's BA he'll be on even turf.


if thats the case, then Dwright will be better than both Arod and Mcab with his 20+ sbs.
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1212
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 10 3B for 2008

Postby Scooter1027 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:43 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote: After that I think it's a tossup. I don't buy Braun being nearly as good in his second season when he has pitchers actually watching film on him all year long. He also leveled off a bit toward the end of the season.


Yeah, this just isn't really true:

Braun Sept/Oct -- .308/.354/.644!, 9 HR, 29 RBI

I think that Braun definitely should be slotted ahead of Aramis. They'll put up similar offensive numbers, but Braun brings the bonus of ~20 SB.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1124
Joined: 16 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 10 3B for 2008

Postby 05worldserieschamps » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:22 pm

Here is a 3b question. Is Atkins worth keeper over Tulowitski in a 2 year keeper league?
Is pushing for President Obama to pass a law requiring all citizens to be Chicago White Sox fans and make October 1st "White Sox Day" where we all dress as our favorite player. It maybe socialist, but I don't care.
05worldserieschamps
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1059
Joined: 2 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Kentucky

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: scarnicease and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Sep. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact