Thank You, George - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thank You, George

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby maioriel » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:34 pm

:-t

Let's just stop this whining about the Yank's ruining the game of baseball. All the arguments are mundane; my market isn't big enough, George has no soul and will spend whatever it takes to win, if baseball had a salary cap my team would be so much better, revenue sharing would totally help my team win blah blah blah.

Let's get real
-My teams market isn't big enough: You don't have a big enough market to support baseball; then your city doesnt deserve to have a team. Truth hurts kid. If you think NY has too big of a market already, then move < insert crappy small market team > to NY! Problem Solved and the game of baseball is saved...HURRAH!

-George has no soul: hahaha whatever, he likes to win whether you like it or not, is of no concern to anyone. Get over it, plain & simple.

-Salary cap: Let's institute one, the only provision is there must be a 60-75 million dollar minimum or your team gets no revenue sharing for x amount of years. For a list of offending teams look here: http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/baseball ... ?year=2003

-Revenue Sharing would help my team: blah, move your team; your market can't support an mlb team. And even if there were revenue sharing, it would be terrible if they didnt invest that money back into the team. I wonder what the Devil Rays did with their luxury tax money...hmmmm

I don't want to send the message that your arguments are crap; they aren't, but there are solutions out there that small market teams will never agree to. So until their are rules in place, get off the yanks' back and start holding other people accountable besides the yankees.

Let's start holding the twins accountable for not re-signing latroy hawkins or guardado. Come on, surely you can't blame the yanks for that?! Let's hold the Red's accountable for the firesale they had last year. Let's hold the Devil Ray's accountable for a crude 19 million dollar payroll; hell they wouldnt pay travis lee 2 mil! Let's hold the expos accountable for not keeping vlad and vasquez.

Teams need to step up and keep their own players, and not be farm systems for other teams.

Matthew J
maioriel
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 7
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TrappedInBristol » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:01 pm

maioriel wrote::-t

Let's just stop this whining about the Yank's ruining the game of baseball. All the arguments are mundane; my market isn't big enough, George has no soul and will spend whatever it takes to win, if baseball had a salary cap my team would be so much better, revenue sharing would totally help my team win blah blah blah.

Let's get real
-My teams market isn't big enough: You don't have a big enough market to support baseball; then your city doesnt deserve to have a team. Truth hurts kid. If you think NY has too big of a market already, then move < insert crappy small market team > to NY! Problem Solved and the game of baseball is saved...HURRAH!

-George has no soul: hahaha whatever, he likes to win whether you like it or not, is of no concern to anyone. Get over it, plain & simple.

-Salary cap: Let's institute one, the only provision is there must be a 60-75 million dollar minimum or your team gets no revenue sharing for x amount of years. For a list of offending teams look here: http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/baseball ... ?year=2003

-Revenue Sharing would help my team: blah, move your team; your market can't support an mlb team. And even if there were revenue sharing, it would be terrible if they didnt invest that money back into the team. I wonder what the Devil Rays did with their luxury tax money...hmmmm

I don't want to send the message that your arguments are crap; they aren't, but there are solutions out there that small market teams will never agree to. So until their are rules in place, get off the yanks' back and start holding other people accountable besides the yankees.

Let's start holding the twins accountable for not re-signing latroy hawkins or guardado. Come on, surely you can't blame the yanks for that?! Let's hold the Red's accountable for the firesale they had last year. Let's hold the Devil Ray's accountable for a crude 19 million dollar payroll; hell they wouldnt pay travis lee 2 mil! Let's hold the expos accountable for not keeping vlad and vasquez.

Teams need to step up and keep their own players, and not be farm systems for other teams.

Matthew J


Well said!
TrappedInBristol
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 232
Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bristol, CT/Valencia, CA

Postby baseball genius » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:13 pm

The Yanks make me sick to my stomache. I'm a Tigers fan and a die hard Yankees hater. Screw the Yanks, ya they play by the rules in a sense but they are ruining the game for the non-yankee fans.
Image

Detroit Tigers 2004 World Series Champions
baseball genius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 404
Joined: 17 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on the mound

Postby tlef316 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:19 pm

baseball genius wrote:The Yanks make me sick to my stomache. I'm a Tigers fan and a die hard Yankees hater. Screw the Yanks, ya they play by the rules in a sense but they are ruining the game for the non-yankee fans.


im sure that Marlin, Angel and Diamondback fans with disagree with that. so would every other fan whose team's owner doesnt let his baseball team bomb so his hockey team can win. Tiger fans need to look at their own owner when complaining about their team, not Steinbrenner
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1735
Joined: 3 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: central jersey

Postby baseball genius » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:20 pm

phatjagz14 wrote: Also, you said Nomar is better than Jeter, which is wrong.


No, thats right. Nomar is much better than Jeter IMO.
Image

Detroit Tigers 2004 World Series Champions
baseball genius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 404
Joined: 17 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on the mound

Postby TrappedInBristol » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:24 pm

baseball genius wrote:The Yanks make me sick to my stomache. I'm a Tigers fan and a die hard Yankees hater. Screw the Yanks, ya they play by the rules in a sense but they are ruining the game for the non-yankee fans.


Frankly, I don't think this was a very smart deal for the Yankees. If they were going to trade Soriano, and commit to giving Wilson/Cairo a shot at 2nd, there were other players to be had who would have more directly addressed the Yanks defensive problems at the corner infield positions while better balancing the lineup. That being said, if you insist on emotional rhetoric ... screw the [insert team name here]. I buy Yankee tickets. Do you? I pay to subscribe to the YES Network on Directv. Do you? I'm a Yankee fan. I pay to support them, as do millions of others, and we enjoy seeing the money well spent. You root for the Tigers? Good for you. Enjoy. The Yankees and their fans don't owe non-Yankee fans a damn thing.
TrappedInBristol
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 232
Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bristol, CT/Valencia, CA

Postby BigW27 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:43 pm

Here are the people to blame: Red Sox for not opening their wallets a little wider. Tom Hicks for paying the Yankees $67 million to put the league's best player in their lineup, which I'm not angry about.

"More whine with your cheese,sir?"

The record for runs in a season is 1,067 by the 1931 Yankees. It is now in jeopardy.
BigW27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 583
Joined: 11 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New York, NY

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:47 pm

BigW27 wrote:Here are the people to blame: Red Sox for not opening their wallets a little wider. Tom Hicks for paying the Yankees $67 million to put the league's best player in their lineup, which I'm not angry about.

"More whine with your cheese,sir?"

The record for runs in a season is 1,067 by the 1931 Yankees. It is now in jeopardy.


How about winning a game first sparky before you start setting all these records.
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby thaklanksta » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:11 pm

I think this is bad for baseball. :-t

Why do they even have a minor league system anyway when Geroge can go out and buy proven talent. I hate whats going on.


Most of the other teams feel like the last place team with no waiver in effect.
thaklanksta
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 516
Joined: 26 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The BUS

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:16 pm

Anonymous wrote:
BigW27 wrote:Here are the people to blame: Red Sox for not opening their wallets a little wider. Tom Hicks for paying the Yankees $67 million to put the league's best player in their lineup, which I'm not angry about.

"More whine with your cheese,sir?"

The record for runs in a season is 1,067 by the 1931 Yankees. It is now in jeopardy.


How about winning a game first sparky before you start setting all these records.


Maybe If you knew how to read Chauncey, you can see It says It's In jeopardy.
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 6 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Aug. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Minnesota at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(2:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(2:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(3:35 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(4:05 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(4:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(4:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(5:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact