Time to think about the Royals - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Kansas City Royals

Time to think about the Royals

Moderators: joshparrish, prodpaul, Baseball Moderators

Time to think about the Royals

Postby kev921 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:33 pm

Why? Well, the Chiefs really stink. Baseball meetings start today. And as always, there's hope for next year.

Does anyone expect any big trades or free agent signings from the Royals? My worry's are that Dayton reaches on a player with questionable character and blowsup in his face.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
Some people take smoke breaks. I choose to take fantasy baseball breaks!
kev921
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Time to think about the Royals

Postby J35J » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:06 pm

I don't mind a questionable character or two....just don't want a whole team of them. If the guy can play I can deal with a problem child. We can't be overly picky at the moment. Not sure if there will be any other "big" moves other than the Guillen one but I see Moore making a few more mid-lower end deals for sure. Should be fun to see how things shake out!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)

Postby Tavish » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:08 pm

The Royals still have another 15 million to spend so I don't think Guillen will be the last "big" move. Kuroda, Mahay, Hawkins, Silva, Clement, Loshe, and Tony Clark are all guys I could see Moore taking a run at.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby kev921 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:32 pm

Tavish wrote:The Royals still have another 15 million to spend so I don't think Guillen will be the last "big" move. Kuroda, Mahay, Hawkins, Silva, Clement, Loshe, and Tony Clark are all guys I could see Moore taking a run at.

Yes on any starting pitchers, but as far as a guy like Clark, I can't see him fitting in with guys like Shealy, Teahen & Butler possibly at 1B or DH's.
Some people take smoke breaks. I choose to take fantasy baseball breaks!
kev921
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:06 am

Tavish wrote:The Royals still have another 15 million to spend so I don't think Guillen will be the last "big" move. Kuroda, Mahay, Hawkins, Silva, Clement, Loshe, and Tony Clark are all guys I could see Moore taking a run at.

Making me a little nervous with this list.... Ok on Kuroda, Mahay, Hawkins but unless we can get Silva for much lower than what he is asking for I don't wany any part of him. Clement isn't someone I don't really want to mess with either....Lohse, ehhh. Clark absolutely not. I'd be more than happy to have him stick that 10-15 mil in his pocket and go sign the best available guys in the June draft regardless of money and then really go after it in the offseason next year. I don't want him to spend just to spend.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)

Postby Tavish » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:43 am

The Royals took a run at Kuroda, the offer was apparently 4 year/ $44 million.
Silva never backed down from his demands and actually got an increase from the M's.
We got Mahay for 2 years / $8 million. Helps fill the gap from losing Riske.
Hawkins wasn't quite as big of a priority with Yabuta signing but I think they did miss an opportunity there assuming Hawkins was looking someplace other than NYY.
Clement, Loshe, and Clark still out there.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Return to Kansas City Royals