BoTVC Round 1 - Borat Vs. Hawkeye Pierce - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

BoTVC Round 1 - Borat Vs. Hawkeye Pierce

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Borat Vs. Hawkeye Pierce

Poll ended at Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:14 pm

Borat
21
50%
Hawkeye Pierce
21
50%
 
Total votes : 42

Re: BoTVC Round 1 - Borat Vs. Hawkeye Pierce

Postby mweir145 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:03 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
cordscords wrote:Best Invention Ever


The guy with the glasses was Borat? Man, I'm sorry, but I didn't think it was funny. Funny at parts, but I didn't laugh. Unfortunately I watched the Borat movie and it was horrible. I felt insulted that I actually spent money to watch it. Maybe I don't have a good sense of humor I don't know, but the movie, and then this guy, Ali G, is just plain ignorant comedy. He's not saying or doing anything original or consistently humorous. To each his own I guess, but you can probably find a guy in your office that can do that same act.

Horrible? I don't think I've ever laughed in a theatre as much as I did for that movie. It was one of the funniest comedies in years. There's nothing ignorant about the humour in it, IMO.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: BoTVC Round 1 - Borat Vs. Hawkeye Pierce

Postby cordscords » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:07 am

mweir145 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
cordscords wrote:Best Invention Ever


The guy with the glasses was Borat? Man, I'm sorry, but I didn't think it was funny. Funny at parts, but I didn't laugh. Unfortunately I watched the Borat movie and it was horrible. I felt insulted that I actually spent money to watch it. Maybe I don't have a good sense of humor I don't know, but the movie, and then this guy, Ali G, is just plain ignorant comedy. He's not saying or doing anything original or consistently humorous. To each his own I guess, but you can probably find a guy in your office that can do that same act.

Horrible? I don't think I've ever laughed in a theatre as much as I did for that movie. It was one of the funniest comedies in years. There's nothing ignorant about the humour in it, IMO.


I think the hype ruined Borat for me. I went in with high expectations and didnt get what I expected. It certainly had some hilarious moments, but I thought the move was overrated.

Sacha as Borat, Ali G, and Bruno are all gold. In fact a Bruno movie is expected in the summer I believe.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4346
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: BoTVC Round 1 - Borat Vs. Hawkeye Pierce

Postby mweir145 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:09 am

cordscords wrote:I think the hype ruined Borat for me. I went in with high expectations and didnt get what I expected. It certainly had some hilarious moments, but I thought the move was overrated.

I wasn't disappointed in it at all, and that is a rare feeling for me concerning hyped movies.

In fact a Bruno movie is expected in the summer I believe.

Really? Nice.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: BoTVC Round 1 - Borat Vs. Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Old_Style » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:36 am

ThatDude wrote:One of these schmucks is advancing while either Burns or Colbert isn't.


So wrong.


I'd take Hawkeye over either of those two anyday.
You're acting like it's the end of the world that Burns or Colbert aren't going to advance.
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Re: BoTVC Round 1 - Borat Vs. Hawkeye Pierce

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:37 am

I can't type my favourite Borat line in full , because the mods would tell me off. :-C

Let's just say "something" hangs down like sleeve of wizard. :-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: BoTVC Round 1 - Borat Vs. Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:07 am

Hawkeye easily. Next to no one would be voting for Borat without the movie. M*A*S*H* was a great show. I still think Frank Burns is the best T.V. character of all-time.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 389)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: BoTVC Round 1 - Borat Vs. Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:01 am

Hawkeye gave me years of laughs but I've got to say that his act wore thin at the end.

Borat is a great character but he is paper thin and could not survive nearly as long as hawkeye.

Hawkeye it is.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: BoTVC Round 1 - Borat Vs. Hawkeye Pierce

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:13 pm

I Like!! ;-D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: BoTVC Round 1 - Borat Vs. Hawkeye Pierce

Postby ThatDude » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:45 pm

Old_Style wrote:
ThatDude wrote:One of these schmucks is advancing while either Burns or Colbert isn't.


So wrong.


I'd take Hawkeye over either of those two anyday.
You're acting like it's the end of the world that Burns or Colbert aren't going to advance.



Hawkeye from the movie, you might have a point. From the series, not so much.

And it's not the end of the world, just a sad sad day.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: BoTVC Round 1 - Borat Vs. Hawkeye Pierce

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:57 pm

Yakshamash. ;-D
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Sep. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(1:35 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(2:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(2:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(3:35 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact