Trade Conduct - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Trade Conduct

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Conduct

Postby Philly_05 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:14 pm

Okay want to get some opinions on this. In our league we use email and a confirm of the deal in the off season for trades since our site closes the trade box till the following season at the deadline each year.

So I made a trade with another owner 2 for 1. We chat for about a week before we make the agreement on the players. So we agree to the players and I tell him to send out a email and i'll confirm it. He tells me to do it and he would I say okay. This is nothing new many times before others say to do this. Well I send it out and it turns out he never actually confirms it in the email after we make the agreement.

So a day or so goes by and I email him to see what is going on. He says some people made comments about the trade and he isn't going to do it anymore. To me this is total bs. To me you give your agreement with another owner you can't back out on it a day or so later when someone else gets in your ear.

An there are people in the league who are actually backing this joker because he didn't actually confirm the deal even though he agreed to the trade in email to me. So when does someones word actually count or does it never in fantasy sports.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 606)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Conduct

Postby converge241 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:34 pm

Unfortunately looks like it was never an agreed upon deal because he didnt send that confirmation

Having that last step allows things like this

We would all like to hope that an agreement is an agreement but it wasnt in this case

Best thing I can say is dont deal with this guy anymore (or if youre the revenge type pull the same thing on him way down the line when he least expects it)
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby Diamond Miners » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:02 am

Make a suggestion that would do this

Owner A agrees with Owner B on a deal.
Owner A sends email to the league commish and copies Owner B on the deal.
Owner B confirms.

This way you do not get the other owners making side email comments.
I'm not a big fan of other owners "babysitting" the other owners. If one person does not do their homework, and agrees to a bad deal, its their fault. On the flip side, some people have different ideas on why to make a trade. During Beltran's breakout season, I dumped Beltran to another team for a draft pick and a better then decent closer, just not a great one. I ended up winning the league that year and the following year even though I gave up on Beltran as a keeper.

Good luck!
Good luck, feel free to PM me
DM

Minor League forum
Diamond Miners
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:00 pm

Unfortunately for you, an offseason trade requires both to confirm so this isn't a completed trade. What he did was kind of bush league but it is within the rules of your league.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Philly_05 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:58 pm

As it turns out he decided to stick to his word and confirmed the trade. I'm glad he kept his word even though he tried to back out of the deal on me. Though it's caused some tension in the league with other owners. An now we are having rule changes brought up to prevent such things in the future. So other owners cab;t go poking there noses into trades they are not a part of. Influencing them into trying to back out of trade agreements.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 606)

Postby JTWood » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:54 am

Glad to hear that you're going to fix the issue. A lesser league would have let it fester.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:32 pm

Philly_05 wrote:As it turns out he decided to stick to his word and confirmed the trade. I'm glad he kept his word even though he tried to back out of the deal on me. Though it's caused some tension in the league with other owners. An now we are having rule changes brought up to prevent such things in the future. So other owners cab;t go poking there noses into trades they are not a part of. Influencing them into trying to back out of trade agreements.

In the offseason of a keeper league, how can you really stop owners from soliciting opinions??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Return to Commissioner's Corner