Eric Karabell is a Macrocephalic Moron - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Eric Karabell is a Macrocephalic Moron

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Eric Karabell is a Macrocephalic Moron

Postby StanHayes » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:21 pm

Has anyone seen his top 25 for 2008? It's reposted here if you don't have ESPN insider:

http://fantasyleaguebaseball.blogspot.c ... -2008.html
StanHayes
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Eric Karabell is a Macrocephalic Moron

Postby J35J » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:27 pm

His top 25 isn't all that great.......but the write up about his top 25 might be even worse!!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby cordscords » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:37 pm

I actually like Karabell every time I see him on TV. He states the obvious, but it's better than giving totally wrong advice like I see some TV personalities doing.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby J35J » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:44 pm

cordscords wrote:I actually like Karabell every time I see him on TV. He states the obvious, but it's better than giving totally wrong advice like I see some TV personalities doing.

I should clarify, I was talking about whoever wrote the critical analyses for Karabells rankings did a worse job than Karabell did on his rankings.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:39 pm

What the?

Thats not analysis that's just bashing.

I agree with J35J , terrible.

4. David Wright sucks donkey feces.

Thank goodness we got that cleared up , my league deducts points for feces sucking. Thank you mysterious stranger!
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby StanHayes » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:12 pm

Let's start with the most egregious. Prince Fielder at 19? Does anyone really think he's going to be around at 19? Ichiro before him? I don't think anyone, novice or expert, is going to be doing that.
StanHayes
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:41 pm

I don't think that they are bad at all actually. They don't match mine pick for pick, but I wouldn't expect them too. I don't see a big problem with Prince at 19 - maybe he expects a dropoff, maybe he thinks he'll come into camp at 400 pounds. Ichiro at 18 is high for me, but not outrageous. Who else besides Ichiro in his ranks would you take after Prince? I don't see any. What other picks of his Top 25 are terrible? Sure Soriano is a bit high, Howard a bit low... but everybody's ranks are going to be different. If Prince at 19 is your criteria for being a moron, then show me your ranks and I'm sure I'll say the same about you.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby bleach168 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:28 pm

macrocephalic...

Well, I know what macro and phalic means. ;-7
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby The G.O.A.T. » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:19 am

What is with the Jose Reyes love from the guy complaining about the rankings? Like it is so bad to not have Jose in your top 5. I'll take my steals later thank you.
The G.O.A.T.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby daullaz » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:55 pm

Rule #1 Don't write up a critical analysis of an "expert" (meaning a guy paid to do this) that includes name-calling and pointless bashing.

Rule #2 Definitely stick to rule #1 if you can't believe that "morons" would pass on last year's third best SS (with a .773 OPS) with the first two picks. I love Reyes, but c'mon. #3 overall is a travesty?

And Crawford is "now a steal" at the end of the first? He hit 11 HRs. He had an .820 OPS. He Ks way more than he BBs. And wasn't he always an end-of-the-first-round player? I like Crawford too (I actually own both Reyes and Crawford on my team) but this guy needs to settle down. Another thing: Karabell said, "if this is the best he can do," meaning that he's still a solid pick there if he doesn't get better. He never said he couldn't get better, but the critic lambasts him for saying as such.

And how are you gonna criticize a guy for ranking A-Rod #1?

The blog titles this critic as an "expert non-expert." Personally, I don't think the first expert belongs on there at all.

I don't agree with all of Karabell's rankings. I'd personally drop Phillips and maybe Braun out of my top-25. I'd have Pujols, Utley, Holliday, Santana, Howard, Fielder, Teixeira and Lee a little higher. I'd have Hanley, Reyes, Wright, Soriano, Ichiro and Beltran a little lower. But nothing about Karabell's rankings justifies calling him a moron.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers