Armed Man Takes Hostages @ Clinton Office - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Armed Man Takes Hostages @ Clinton Office

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Armed Man Takes Hostages @ Clinton Office

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:02 pm

CNN.com wrote: (CNN) -- Two people are being held hostage by an armed man at Sen. Hillary Clinton's campaign office in Rochester, New Hampshire, police said Friday.

Emergency crews arrive at the office building in Rochester, New Hampshire, Friday.

The man walked into the office at about 1 p.m., Maj. Michael Hambrook of the New Hampshire State Police told CNN affiliate WMUR-TV.

Hambrook and Clinton campaign officials said two people were believed to be inside.

Shortly before 2 p.m., police officers were gathered across the street from the office, some kneeling behind police cruisers with guns drawn. Video Watch police take up positions »

Witnesses described the man as in his 40s with salt-and-pepper hair, WMUR reported.

A woman and her baby were released by the hostage-taker, the woman told workers at a nearby business, according to the WMUR Web site.

A witness, Lettie Tzizik, told WMUR she spoke to a woman shortly after she was released from the office by the hostage-taker.

"A young woman with a 6-month or 8-month-old infant came rushing into the store just in tears, and she said, 'You need to call 911. A man has just walked into the Clinton office, opened his coat and showed us a bomb strapped to his chest with duct tape,'" the Web site reported.

Clinton, a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, is in the Washington area.

She was scheduled to speak at 3 p.m. at a Democratic National Committee event, but canceled the talk because of the situation, DNC Chairman Howard Dean said.

"Unfortunately as some of you know, there is a hostage situation in New Hampshire involving a Clinton campaign staff person," Dean told those who had gathered for the event.

"The details are sketchy at this time, but understandably Senator Clinton is now dealing with this very difficult problem and she is not going to be able to join us today. And we will keep them in our prayers and hope for a resolution to this situation in New Hampshire."

Buildings close to the storefront campaign office on Main Street were evacuated, including local campaign centers for Clinton's Democratic presidential rivals, Sen. Barack Obama and former senator John Edwards.

Cassandra Hamilton, who works in an office adjacent to the Clinton office, told WMUR: "I walked out and I immediately started running, and I saw that the road was blocked off. They told me run and keep going."
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Armed Man Takes Hostages @ Clinton Office

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:13 pm

You beat me to it, I was going to post this with the thread title: "Guiliani Sends Man With Bomb to Clintons' Headquarters".

It sounds like this guy is just some nut who wanted attention and didn't even have a bomb, luckily.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:29 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:You beat me to it, I was going to post this with the thread title: "Guiliani Sends Man With Bomb to Clintons' Headquarters".

It sounds like this guy is just some nut who wanted attention and didn't even have a bomb, luckily.

And I was going to say that this was obviously the Dems counter to the Repubican-staged attacks of 9/11.

Seriously... You made your point in the right thread. I made no comments at all about this story. Someone could die. This could be tragic. Do you need to bring your attitude here, too? :-t
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:38 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Seriously... You made your point in the right thread. I made no comments at all about this story. Someone could die. This could be tragic. Do you need to bring your attitude here, too? :-t

I can't even tell if you're being serious. The hostages have been freed, nobody was hurt, it looks like the guy wasn't armed. Noone died, no tragedy. I was just making a joke relating to another thread, not commenting on this story.

I'm not sure what you mean by my "attitude," but it's probably safe to say that I bring it everywhere...except to the 'funny pictures' thread, which I rarely frequent.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:54 pm

You guys need more mental asylums.
There are too many stories like this.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:00 pm

AussieDodger wrote:You guys need more mental asylums.

We have the football cafe.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:34 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:You guys need more mental asylums.

We have the football cafe.

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:36 pm

That picture's a lot bigger than I thought it would be sorry. :-b O:-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JTWood » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:09 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:Seriously... You made your point in the right thread. I made no comments at all about this story. Someone could die. This could be tragic. Do you need to bring your attitude here, too? :-t

I can't even tell if you're being serious. The hostages have been freed, nobody was hurt, it looks like the guy wasn't armed. Noone died, no tragedy. I was just making a joke relating to another thread, not commenting on this story.

I guess the life of the "nutjob" was worthless? He was still inside when I put that up...
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Madison » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:55 am

JTWood wrote:I guess the life of the "nutjob" was worthless? He was still inside when I put that up...

Idiot goes walking in and takes hostages with a "bomb" strapped to him? I can't speak for Art, but that idiot's life is worthless to me. The bullet to kill him is worth more.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to General Talk