Milledge to Nats for Snider and Church: Done / HUH WHY - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milledge to Nats for Snider and Church: Done / HUH WHY

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Milledge to Nats for Snider and Church: Done / HUH WHY

Postby High Heater » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:12 pm

i really like what the Nats front office is doing the past couple years there. they had a phenominal draft, and there trades almost look like steals in my eyes.... even the kearns/lopez one i mean they basicaly sent crap for atleast marginal mlb players.

when is that new stadium going to be up for them? looks like a team on the rise imo.
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sublime8414 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:35 pm

I was listening to the interview on WFAN and Minaya at least talked me off the ledge. I still can't understand why we didn't trade for our real need in pitching. He basically said no one wanted milledge, and more or less hinted at the fact that perhaps he contributed to last years collapse. He also seemed to think Milledge was not dedicated to baseball, or something like that.

He pointed out that Church was among the league leaders in doubles in a huge stadium and that those numbers would translate for better in shea. Then he went on to say he now thinks that the mets are now a top defensive team up the middle. With Schneider, reyes, and beltran, and castillo be above average.

A lot of it was him blowing smoke, but i'm hoping this leads to something bigger, because this trade hurts.
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dc928 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:41 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:I hatte Omar.

God it sucks to be a Mets fan. :-/

It must be far worse to be a Twins fan.

What you mean, Twins just get D Young for a bag of chips. Common.
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:41 pm

sublime8414 wrote:I was listening to the interview on WFAN and Minaya at least talked me off the ledge. I still can't understand why we didn't trade for our real need in pitching. He basically said no one wanted milledge, and more or less hinted at the fact that perhaps he contributed to last years collapse. He also seemed to think Milledge was not dedicated to baseball, or something like that.

He pointed out that Church was among the league leaders in doubles in a huge stadium and that those numbers would translate for better in shea. Then he went on to say he now thinks that the mets are now a top defensive team up the middle. With Schneider, reyes, and beltran, and castillo be above average.

A lot of it was him blowing smoke, but i'm hoping this leads to something bigger, because this trade hurts.

It's not going to be as bad as the Kazmir debacle, as Kazmir has more talent in his non throwing pinky than Milledge has in his whole body, but it's not good, either.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Yoda » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:51 pm

sublime8414 wrote:I was listening to the interview on WFAN and Minaya at least talked me off the ledge. I still can't understand why we didn't trade for our real need in pitching. He basically said no one wanted milledge, and more or less hinted at the fact that perhaps he contributed to last years collapse. He also seemed to think Milledge was not dedicated to baseball, or something like that.

It certainly wasn't a popular trade based on what I've seen regardless of his reasoning. I still think Milledge will be at least a star level quality player and chalk this up as a bad trade for Minaya no matter how you look at it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby sublime8414 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:57 pm

Yea. I'm not necessarily defending it. I'm just saying it made me think that i don't need to drink whiskey when i get out of work. Just a lot of beer, if you know what i mean. It's just nice to hear any slightly rationale reasoning for that trade, albeit a barely defendable.
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jfg » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:10 pm

dc928 wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:I hatte Omar.

God it sucks to be a Mets fan. :-/

It must be far worse to be a Twins fan.

What you mean, Twins just get D Young for a bag of chips. Common.

Yeah, we're getting close to having 5 future/current all-stars (Mauer, Morneau, Liriano, Young and Hughes) without a bloated budget (although it would be nice to have a bloated budget). I can't complain too much.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:27 pm

sublime8414 wrote:Yea. I'm not necessarily defending it. I'm just saying it made me think that i don't need to drink whiskey when i get out of work. Just a lot of beer, if you know what i mean. It's just nice to hear any slightly rationale reasoning for that trade, albeit a barely defendable.

Hahaha. Couldn't agree more.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby converge241 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:37 pm

as previously said: Oakland would have taken Milledge

Beane loves him, knows he is blowing it up again, and he will take potential "problem players"
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:44 pm

converge241 wrote:as previously said: Oakland would have taken Milledge

Beane loves him, knows he is blowing it up again, and he will take potential "problem players"

I hope you're wrong. :-/ But I sense your right. :-[

I just hope there is a bigger picture here we don't see, and Omar isn't as clueless as he seems.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers