Will Inman (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Will Inman (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will Inman (Merged)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:05 am

What is his ETA for the majors? What should be expected of him this season? Long term?

Come on, there's positive feedback up for grabs!

I'm looking at you Rump. :-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Will Inman

Postby Yoda » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:17 am

bigh0rt wrote:What is his ETA for the majors? What should be expected of him this season? Long term?

Come on, there's positive feedback up for grabs!

I'm looking at you Rump. :-)

Wrong forum. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:53 am

He should be up in the summer and who knows about this season but long term, his average stuff won't be as noticeable once he reaches Pecota, where he should be able to shine anyway thanks to his extreme groundball tendencies.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Will Inman

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:36 pm

When should we expect him up? What should we expect this year? What should we expect longer term?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:04 pm

One of the worse deals by the BrewCrew in recent memory. This guy is going to be good, possibly as early as '09. He's got top of the rotation type stuff, but I don't think he pitches much, or at least effectively, in '08. He's only 20 I believe.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigLeagueFutures » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:02 pm

Inman is 20 now, will be 21 before the season. He shouldn't help much from a fantasy perspective in '08. He has the command and intangibles a top of the rotation pitcher needs. Inman seems to be a flyball pitcher, but that shouldn't be too much of a dilema in spacious Petco. Long term I say he's a #2 starter as long as he stays healthy.
For Daily News On Prospects Visit -- http://bigleaguefutures.com/
BigLeagueFutures
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:02 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:He should be up in the summer and who knows about this season but long term, his average stuff won't be as noticeable once he reaches Pecota, where he should be able to shine anyway thanks to his extreme groundball tendencies.

Inman hit a bit of a wall in AA. He was still "okay" by the time the season shook out, but to me his prospect star fell a bit. I used to rank him and Gallardo kinda 1a and 1b in the Brewers system, but YoGa never had a season with an ERA above 2.90, which occurred in AAA. Inman was sporting a 5.45/1.36 prior to being traded, and then improved a bit in the SD system where he went 4.17/1.27. From the reports I've read, his stuff is really just average, and he projects more to being a bottom of the rotation type guy. My concern while following him is the change in his K/BB rate once he hit AA. But, he will only be 21 this year, he's got time to improve.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Koby Schellenger » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:08 pm

Inman has very good control. He doesn't have the best stuff and probably fits in best as a #3, but could pass as a #2 given the right outfield or be a very good #4. I think he needs to work on pitching to contact a little more as he realizes he can't fool as many hitters as he could at lower levels.
** http://www.moundtalk.com ** MLB June Mock Draft ongoing.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Will Inman (Merged)

Postby davidmarver » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:46 am

Inman could potentially emerge as a starter by season's beginning, if the Padres don't opt to sign someone off the market.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Re: Will Inman (Merged)

Postby Koby Schellenger » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:42 am

davidmarver wrote:Inman could potentially emerge as a starter by season's beginning, if the Padres don't opt to sign someone off the market.

I really think that's optimistic given his struggles in Double-A. He's not ready for a Major League workload to begin with, and he's not ready to be a Major League pitcher. He'll get there, but he needs his time in the minors. He'll be 21 on opening day, no need to push him.
** http://www.moundtalk.com ** MLB June Mock Draft ongoing.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Minor League & College Baseball