Mayweather vs Hatton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mayweather vs Hatton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mayweather vs Hatton

Postby Yoda » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:43 pm

Amazinz wrote:I do not think Hatton can neutralize the reach for an entire fight by clutching. Firstly, I think that the ref will be all over him. Secondly, PBF's foot speed and all around ring presence is too much for Hatton to deal with and will make it very tough to just clutch the whole fight.

It doesn't seem like Mayweather is focused on this fight. I tend to root for the underdogs so I'd love to see Hatton win (also since I've seen a lot of his fights).
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:50 pm

I'm with you there. I would love to see Hatton land the big shot and KO PBF. Just don't think it's likely.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:49 pm

Congrats KC ;-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:08 pm

Who did KC KO?
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:09 pm

Amazinz wrote:What did KC KO?

Good taste
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:12 pm

Lol. Nice. B-)
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:58 pm

BritSox wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I'm always for the guy fighting the Manchester City fan. ;-)

Spoken like one who's CLEARLY not Mancunian.

Clearly I'm not. Manchester is blue and 99% of United fans are NOT from Manchester. ;-7

Still think Mayweather's speed will be a bit much for Hatton, but I think Hatton's approach could be enough to land some good body shots on Floyd. Don't expect a KO, but Mayweather should win off the points.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby cordscords » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:26 pm

I'm predicting Mayweather wins it in a UD, but I hope he gets KTFO by Hatton.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Tavish » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:39 am

cordscords wrote:I'm predicting Mayweather wins it in a UD, but I hope he gets KTFO by Hatton.

Not too bad of a fight, a lot of wrestling in between punches but that was to be expected with Hatton's style. Floyd looked more like his old self, dominating counter-puncher with bursts of quick offense. It was nice to see him finish off a fight instead of playing defense the entire night.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby cordscords » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:04 am

Tavish wrote:
cordscords wrote:I'm predicting Mayweather wins it in a UD, but I hope he gets KTFO by Hatton.

Not too bad of a fight, a lot of wrestling in between punches but that was to be expected with Hatton's style. Floyd looked more like his old self, dominating counter-puncher with bursts of quick offense. It was nice to see him finish off a fight instead of playing defense the entire night.

After Hatton taunted him by turning his back after the point was deducted, Mayweather really kicked it up a notch. It looked like Hatton might just pull off an upset after the first 3 rounds, then his cuts made him put up a mixed performance rounds 4/5/6, after that Mayweather just made him look bad.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk