COD 4 Multiplayer Rules the Universe - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

COD 4 Multiplayer Rules the Universe

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: COD 4 Multiplayer Rules the Universe

Postby CheeseBeger » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

TheIceman wrote:I've had this game since about Jan. and have prestiged 2 times since then. I haven't been playing at all lately though. Finally got the 46" Sony LCD hooked up last night so I'm looking forward to playing COD 4 on this when I get home :-D

Haha RROD the day after you get the LCD :-b
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:48 pm

TheIceman wrote:Boooo to red lights of death :~(

I just got them the other day too. :-t

I keep forgetting to call. Guess I should hurry up with that since I heard it takes about 3 weeks to get it back.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:36 am

teddy ballgame wrote:

I keep forgetting to call. Guess I should hurry up with that since I heard it takes about 3 weeks to get it back.

This is one of the main reasons why I didn't get the Xbox. I heard some 30% of people experience this.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheIceman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:06 pm

Yoda wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

This is one of the main reasons why I didn't get the Xbox. I heard some 30% of people experience this.

Yeah it blows but it's not like I get charged anything to send it in to get fixed. They pay for all the shipping and everything so I think I'll take the hit of waiting about 3 weeks to get my box back. Had the xbox for over 2 years before this happened so I can't be horribly upset.
TheIceman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:07 pm

TheIceman wrote:Had the xbox for over 2 years before this happened so I can't be horribly upset.

Yeah, same here, and I think it was a bigger issue with the first few batches of them. I don't hear of people who buy new ones having many problems.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CheeseBeger » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:56 pm

I am starting to get pretty good on multiplayer.

Silenced MP5, with bandolier, StoppingPower/Jammer, steady aim Kicks total ass on this game.

I also love running around with the M10 shotty.

And I just rediscovered the M16 again and went something like 65 - 25 :-B

The worst part is sometimes i need a break because my eyes dry out :~(
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Yoda » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:13 am

Just finished the single player and moved onto multiplayer today. I suck major ass right now obviously but I shanked 3 people already in 4 rounds of play. I am such a badass.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:27 pm

Wow I suck so hard right now. Any good strategies for noobs? I can't kill people with the M4. It takes too many bullets to kill. So I started using the SAW but I move like old people copulate.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CheeseBeger » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:16 pm

Yoda wrote:Wow I suck so hard right now. Any good strategies for noobs? I can't kill people with the M4. It takes too many bullets to kill. So I started using the SAW but I move like old people copulate.

Yeah it took me awhile to not post 5-25 games %-6

-Some good basic guns are M16 for midrange, MP5 for close range, RPD is pretty good all around. They are all easy to handle and do well with (especially if you use the Red Dot Sight which I have on almost all of my guns).

-I would have to say that for most guns your most important perk is stopping power because I believe your damage is increase by about 40% or something. Steady Aim is another useful perk on close range guns.

-The key to staying alive is to rely heavily on your UAV. Yeah every once in awhile you will running into someone with a jammer but UAV is key.

-Another key to getting better is to learn the maps, and know where are popular sniper spots so you don't get killer. Learning them just takes playing them over and over.

-Headquarters is the game that gives you the most experience, followed by domination, then search and destroy.

If you want probably the most widely used and reliable setup on COD4 it would probably be (and this is my go-to gun if I am sucking it up for whatever reason)

M16 with Red Dot Sight
Pistol of your choice
3X Frags
Stopping Power
Deep Impact/Extreme Conditioning
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:30 am

Thanks... I am getting better now almost 1-1 KD ratio. I have been playing FPS forever so I know some basic strategies. I still don't know the maps and I don't have enough perks to make me dangerous yet. Only have 1 nade and special nades also. No red dot sights either which really sucks but I pick up other guns when I get a chance.

I like to go off on my own a lot of times and try to flank the enemy instead of sticking with my teammates. If someone is really good then I'll follow him around and try to kill as many people as possible. :-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games