COD 4 Multiplayer Rules the Universe - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

COD 4 Multiplayer Rules the Universe

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: COD 4 Multiplayer Rules the Universe

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:19 pm

I agre the game is top notch. I play the multiplayer on Xbox 360 though...big fan.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby CheeseBeger » Mon May 26, 2008 11:09 pm

This game is so awesome on Xbox Live, it has me putting down GTA IV it is so good. Too bad I suck terribly even after playing it for 8 hours :-b
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby zepfan » Tue May 27, 2008 7:29 pm

CheeseBeger wrote:This game is so awesome on Xbox Live, it has me putting down GTA IV it is so good. Too bad I suck terribly even after playing it for 8 hours :-b

I was playing it for a lot longer than that before I finally starting getting good at it. It wasn't all that rare for me to put up ugly kill:death ratios like 2:12. I swear I would camp for a minute cause I could never last more than a few seconds while moving. I figured there were people everywhere. :-b I would be baffled when nobody would come by for a minute. Not wanting to be completely cheesy and also because I was getting a false sense of security, I would dare to peep my head around a corner for about half a second. Turns out that's about all the time I needed to get shot at from three different directions and killed pretty much instantly. Good times!

Anyway purely out of spite, I kept playing and ploughed through horrible game after horrible game. Any team I was on was pretty much guaranteed to lose. Fair teams be damned! My kills:deaths finally got to 1:1 at around 12,000 (I was playing a lot :-° ). Now I pwn on a semi-regular basis. A true story of perseverence! :-b

Also I want to add that COD 4 is the best online FPS since counter-strike. Seriously wicked game. B-)

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Yoda » Fri May 30, 2008 3:59 pm

The only FPS that I can play repeatedly so far has been Counter Strike on my PC. Is this worth it for the PS3? I'm just not sure if I can get used to the controls.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Fri May 30, 2008 4:29 pm

zepfan wrote:
CheeseBeger wrote:This game is so awesome on Xbox Live, it has me putting down GTA IV it is so good. Too bad I suck terribly even after playing it for 8 hours :-b

I was playing it for a lot longer than that before I finally starting getting good at it. It wasn't all that rare for me to put up ugly kill:death ratios like 2:12. I swear I would camp for a minute cause I could never last more than a few seconds while moving. I figured there were people everywhere. :-b I would be baffled when nobody would come by for a minute. Not wanting to be completely cheesy and also because I was getting a false sense of security, I would dare to peep my head around a corner for about half a second. Turns out that's about all the time I needed to get shot at from three different directions and killed pretty much instantly. Good times!

Anyway purely out of spite, I kept playing and ploughed through horrible game after horrible game. Any team I was on was pretty much guaranteed to lose. Fair teams be damned! My kills:deaths finally got to 1:1 at around 12,000 (I was playing a lot :-° ). Now I pwn on a semi-regular basis. A true story of perseverence! :-b

Also I want to add that COD 4 is the best online FPS since counter-strike. Seriously wicked game. B-)

I played this way to much when it came out. I haven't played it in months now. I finally was like "I'm wasting my life" but yea its funny how you can wait and wait and wait. And then twitch and someone blows your head off
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby zepfan » Fri May 30, 2008 10:49 pm

Yoda wrote:The only FPS that I can play repeatedly so far has been Counter Strike on my PC. Is this worth it for the PS3? I'm just not sure if I can get used to the controls.

It's actually a pretty easy transition. The toughest thing to get used to is using the analog sticks to move and look. When you're using a mouse you can spin around 180 degrees in a fraction of a second but on the controller it can be frustrating when your getting shot in the back and you need a second or more to turn around. Aside from that, once you get used to the buttons for shooting/grenades/ducking/switching weapons etc. it becomes second nature. The only time I missed my keyboard was when I wanted to turn/aim quickly but you learn to compensate by making sure your crosshair is at head level when running or staying near a good spot for cover and so on. After a while you don't even think about it.

I'm on the PS3 and I would definitely recommend it. ;-D

acsguitar wrote:I played this way to much when it came out. I haven't played it in months now. I finally was like "I'm wasting my life" but yea its funny how you can wait and wait and wait. And then twitch and someone blows your head off

I switched to the red dot sight instead of the scope and ended up adopting more of a run-and-gun kind of style once I started to know the maps a little better. I think those were big reasons I started getting better. At the beginning though, I really wanted to throw my controller into the screen. :-b

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Yoda » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:19 pm

I might be picking this up for $35 on Craigslist.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:01 am

Just got it. Awesome game.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheIceman » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:56 pm

I've had this game since about Jan. and have prestiged 2 times since then. I haven't been playing at all lately though. Finally got the 46" Sony LCD hooked up last night so I'm looking forward to playing COD 4 on this when I get home :-D
TheIceman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheIceman » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:51 pm

Boooo to red lights of death :~(
TheIceman
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext