Cubs continue to torture fans: Wood Resigns - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cubs continue to torture fans: Wood Resigns

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cubs continue to torture fans: Wood Resigns

Postby slomo007 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:24 pm

I think # of days on the DL would be a lot more accurate bet, just my opinion. ;-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cubs continue to torture fans: Wood Resigns

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:54 pm

Yoda wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:
You can challenge me to whatever you want.

What is so embarrassing about signing an immensely talented player to a cheap one year deal in hopes that he can stay healthy? They stuck with him all this time and now that he is finally healthy, you let him sign on elsewhere? That defies logic.



He's not healthy he's just not currently injured.

Lets make a DL List paper bag challenge.

I say he hits the DL 3 times next year if I'm wrong then I wear a paperbag of your choice for 1 month


Fine I say he doesn't hit the DL 3 times in 08.



So you get a month if you lose...Also, If he goes 4 times I still win or 5 or whatever. 3 and above wins it for me
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Cubs continue to torture fans: Wood Resigns

Postby Yoda » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:56 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:
acsguitar wrote:He's not healthy he's just not currently injured.

Lets make a DL List paper bag challenge.

I say he hits the DL 3 times next year if I'm wrong then I wear a paperbag of your choice for 1 month


Fine I say he doesn't hit the DL 3 times in 08.



So you get a month if you lose...Also, If he goes 4 times I still win or 5 or whatever. 3 and above wins it for me


No he has to hit the DL 3 times or you lose period. That was your offer which I accepted.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Cubs continue to torture fans: Wood Resigns

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:18 pm

Yoda wrote:
No he has to hit the DL 3 times or you lose period. That was your offer which I accepted.


No its not. If he hits it 3 times then I win automatically. I didn't say exactly. Are you really gonna argue against more then 3 also
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Cubs continue to torture fans: Wood Resigns

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:19 pm

It was my understanding that, once he hit the DL for the 3rd time, the bag goes up.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Re: Cubs continue to torture fans: Wood Resigns

Postby Yoda » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:24 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:
No he has to hit the DL 3 times or you lose period. That was your offer which I accepted.


No its not. If he hits it 3 times then I win automatically. I didn't say exactly. Are you really gonna argue against more then 3 also


Of course I will argue. Did you expect anything different?

Fine I will agree to 3 but bagging for 3 months.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Cubs continue to torture fans: Wood Resigns

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:01 pm

Yoda wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:
No he has to hit the DL 3 times or you lose period. That was your offer which I accepted.


No its not. If he hits it 3 times then I win automatically. I didn't say exactly. Are you really gonna argue against more then 3 also


Of course I will argue. Did you expect anything different?

Fine I will agree to 3 but bagging for 3 months.



Um no thats silly...However I will make this stipulation. If he goes 0 times I'll Wear it 3 months.
1 time 2 months. 2 times 1 month. And 3 times you wear it 2 months more then 3 and you go 3 months
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ayebatter, caroleky60, fannieea3, jaimepr16, staciedw1 and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Apr. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(12:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(12:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Minnesota at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
San Diego at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact