Marginal Minor leaguers in a Replay league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Marginal Minor leaguers in a Replay league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Marginal Minor leaguers in a Replay league

Postby Aaronta77 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:00 pm

I have played in a replay league for several years and have really only been following baseball-and specifically minors-for three years.

I inherited several players that I don't have any information on and wondered if there were any experts here who could tell me whether to cut-bait with these guys or see how they pan out:

Miguel Asencio-He used to be a prospect, but hasn't been able to make it back from injury...will he ever?
Josh Banks-What's his ceiling?
Matt Fox, and Kyle Bloom-Same thing, will they ever be major league pitchers?
JR House-He seems to tear up AAA every year but cannot hit at the ML level?
Clint Stubbs-Drew's bro, plays at UT-has anyone seen him play-admittedly I am a UT grad who carried a 2.2gpa because I caught every game, but now I live in Indonesia.
Mike Gosling-Will he just be a reliever or does he have Starter stuff?
Finally, Mark Hamilton and Aaron Bates and Wes Bankston-what do you guys think of them?

I have to pay these guys 40k a year to carry them on my roster and I am competing with guys who draft players as high schoolers. Who should I keep and who should I drop?

Thanks for taking the time to read this--And thank you even more if you take the time to respond.

A
Aaronta77
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Marginal Minor leaguers in a Replay league

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:31 am

I might hold onto Fox and Bates, and possibly even Bloom and Bankston if there was absolutely nothing better out there. Cut bait with the rest of them.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby San D » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:42 pm

I would cut bait with all of them. I don't know how many minor leaguers each team can hold or how many teams there are, but if there is a limit of any kind, then there are way better unowned options out there.
Last edited by San D on Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby kab21 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:35 am

I think Matt Fox has a shot at the majors. He had a torn labrum in 2005 and got his first real significant action last season posting some good numbers (tiring in August). I think it's seeing what he does next season before getting rid of him. He's probably a bottom end of the rotation starter, but the Twins are a pitching factory.

I'm not familiar with the other guys.

I think he's as a good choice as the guys that are picking up guys still in HS (except the cream of the HS crop). There has to be a huge bust rate from what it sounds. It sounds like a pretty intense league.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball