Brewers sign Jason Kendall, Brewcrew cries - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brewers sign Jason Kendall, Brewcrew cries

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brewers sign Jason Kendall, Brewcrew cries

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:41 pm

acsguitar wrote:He's not that bad. yea he won't hit any homeruns but he gets on base and has legs

In the late-90's this may have been true, when he was pushing a near if not surpassing a .400 OBP with regularity and stealing 20+ bases. Coming off a year with a .301 OBP and 3 SB to 4 CS, I can't see anybody thinking that the past three seasons have been anything other than a declining trend that should continue.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:31 pm

Clears things up for Soto. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:33 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Clears things up for Soto. :-D

Thats the truth. i can't wait to draft him in my money league with like the last pick beacuse no one will no who he is
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Steve-o » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:33 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
acsguitar wrote:He's not that bad. yea he won't hit any homeruns but he gets on base and has legs

In the late-90's this may have been true, when he was pushing a near if not surpassing a .400 OBP with regularity and stealing 20+ bases. Coming off a year with a .301 OBP and 3 SB to 4 CS, I can't see anybody thinking that the past three seasons have been anything other than a declining trend that should continue.

I agree. People's perceptions seem to be skewed on Kendall. He was BP's poster boy for biggest decline in 2006.

Still, Kendall was much better with the Cubs than with the As. The cubs acquired him on July 16, and his numbers were dramatically better in the NL. The Brewers might be able to squeeze 260/350/350 out of him. Plus I doubt he tries to punch Ned Yost.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:35 pm

Steve-o wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

I agree. People's perceptions seem to be skewed on Kendall. He was BP's poster boy for biggest decline in 2006.

Still, Kendall was much better with the Cubs than with the As. The cubs acquired him on July 16, and his numbers were dramatically better in the NL. The Brewers might be able to squeeze 260/350/350 out of him. Plus I doubt he tries to punch Ned Yost.

I don't think he's great just "not bad" he's a veteran and I'd rather have him I think then Estrada
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby knapplc » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:14 pm

Uhh..... this wouldn't be the SAME Jason Kendall about whom the Brewers fans were mocking the Cubs fans right here in this very forum when the Cubbies signed him in 2007, would it?

I'm sure it's that OTHER Jason Kendall, not the one they were mocking so, SO much back then.

Right? :-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RynMan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:25 pm

knapplc wrote:Uhh..... this wouldn't be the SAME Jason Kendall about whom the Brewers fans were mocking the Cubs fans right here in this very forum when the Cubbies signed him in 2007, would it?

I'm sure it's that OTHER Jason Kendall, not the one they were mocking so, SO much back then.

Na, I'm still mocking him. He's garbage.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Scooter1027 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:32 pm

knapplc wrote:Uhh..... this wouldn't be the SAME Jason Kendall about whom the Brewers fans were mocking the Cubs fans right here in this very forum when the Cubbies signed him in 2007, would it?

I wasn't a fan then, I'm not a fan now. But there is a difference between the two situations -- A) Chicago had to give to get (AKA it was a trade, not a FA move), and much more importantly B) I felt Chicago had a superior option already in house with Soto. Turns out I was right, and now all the Cub fans I know can't stop gushing about Soto.

The Brewers have no such option in waiting, their best catching prospects are Angel Salome (finished the year amidst a 50 game suspension), and Jonathan Lucroy, who was drafted just last year. Their most advanced prospect in the system is Lou Palmisano, and he profiles most likely as a backup catcher, at best. The bulk of my criticism for the Cubs was based upon the fact they already had better in their system and were too afraid to turn it over to him. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Kendall, but I'm no fan of Estrada either. It's more or less a parallel move that has me saying "eh, whatever, at least he could score from 2nd on a single (unlike Estrada)."
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby brewcrew4you » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:27 pm

See the title of this thread :,-(
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby knapplc » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:25 pm

I'm just busting chops, guys. He'll be fine for you. He isn't a great bat, but like I said when the Cubs picked him up - he's a good presence in the clubhouse and he's a benefit to your pitching staff.

You could do lots worse. ;-)
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers