What should your team give up for M-Cab? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What should your team give up for M-Cab?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What should your team give up for M-Cab?

Postby jlong1873 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:17 am

Carnac wrote:Rumors have Kendrick, Saunders, Mathis and Wood going to the Marlins for Cabrera. That would satisy the Marlins wants for a catcher and 3B. The Angels need MCab. He gives great protection for Vlad and could put them into serious contention for a WS.

If the Halos can get Mcab without giving up Adenhart then that would be huge.
jlong1873
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:03 am

giants8307 wrote:
RynMan wrote:If I'm the Marlins, I'm asking for Laroche, Kershaw and Kemp. That's a very good deal for FLA, but are LA stupid enough to do that? Coletti might be. The offer on the table from the Angels isn't bad, but I don't think it's a no-brainer. Kendrick in that stadium could have some success.

As an Oakland fan, no doubt I'd love to see M-Cab in the bay. I don't see it happening....maybe it's just because I can't remember getting any of the premium players in the market for a while. I don't think it's going to happen until the new stadium is built.

You'd probably have to deal someone like Blanton/Haren + Buck/Barton + Suzuki + filler. Even then, I doubt that gets it done, and Oakland can't afford to give away that many pieces (they have no adequate replacements in the fold).

I just can't see the Angels not getting this done. They have had the prospects for years (some have actually diminished in value), need pop, need a 3B, and have the money to throw at a big name franchise player. They HAVE to get this done.

I don't think Coletti would be stupid to do that deal. You'd be lucky if any one of those prospects turns into a player of MCab's calibre. Cabrera is one the best players in the MLB, and it's not like you're surrendering your future, as he's still very young. Prospects are really nice to have, but when you have a chance to get a 24-year-old third baseman who is as productive as MCab is, I think you have to do it. He can help you now and in the future.

I hear what you are saying, but we aren't talking about David Wright here. M-Cab is not an outstanding defender, and really, should be a corner outfielder. If he were a little more athletic, I would be closer to giving up those prospects. Yes, you would be lucky if any of those guys turned into an M-Cab caliber player, but you are talking about the top pitching prospect in the minors, one of the top 3B, and a 23 y.o. outfielder with speed, power, and defense. I just feel it's too much.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TheGhost76777 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:58 pm

I would offer Franklin Gutierrez, Adam Miller and Ryan Garko. Now that is a package right there.

I would put Cabrera at 1B, because he is a defensive liability.

Over at the hot corner, Andy Marte or Casey Blake. If neither of those work out, Jhonny Peralta to 3rd, Droobs to SS, Barfield to 2nd. Out in right field, you either keep Lofton, send Blake out there, or let the young kids Fransisco and Choo battle it out.
TheGhost76777
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:43 pm

The correct answer was:

Mike Rabelo
Cameron Maybin
Eulogio De La Cruz
Andrew Miller
Burke Badenhop
Dallas Trahern

Did anyone have that on the answer sheet?
Detroit fans? Anyone?
Bueller?
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Tavish » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:58 pm

AussieDodger wrote:The correct answer was:

Mike Rabelo
Cameron Maybin
Eulogio De La Cruz
Andrew Miller
Burke Badenhop
Dallas Trahern

Did anyone have that on the answer sheet?
Detroit fans? Anyone?
Bueller?

I was close, I didn't think my Tigers would part with Badenhop. But since they got Willis thrown in I guess it is worth it.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers