What should your team give up for M-Cab? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What should your team give up for M-Cab?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What should your team give up for M-Cab?

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:00 pm

If the Dodgers are going to deal for M-Cab, we could wind up overpaying with the quality prospects we have. In an ideal world, it would be fantastic to deal a top prospect such as Laroche or Kershaw and a couple of filler prospects on the side. Otherwise, I could see the Marlins wanting the offer based around Kemp and Laroche/Kershaw.
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21923
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Re: What should your team give up for M-Cab?

Postby acsguitar » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:36 pm

Garrett Atkins or Ian Stewart and Joe Kochanchksskhsgky
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: What should your team give up for M-Cab?

Postby dc928 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:11 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:If the Dodgers are going to deal for M-Cab, we could wind up overpaying with the quality prospects we have. In an ideal world, it would be fantastic to deal a top prospect such as Laroche or Kershaw and a couple of filler prospects on the side. Otherwise, I could see the Marlins wanting the offer based around Kemp and Laroche/Kershaw.


Yeh if the Dodgers offers them Kemp, Laroche and Kershaw, I am not sure they can turn it down. In fact, I believe Rotoworld says they are leading the charge to get M-Cab right now. I hope the Angels will counter with Wood, Kendrick, E. Santana and anther prospect. Then it will be a tough call for the Marlins. I really think the Angels need M Cab more than the Dodgers. If I am the Dodgers I probably rather hang on to Kemp.
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1247
Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What should your team give up for M-Cab?

Postby Noggy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:45 pm

dc928 wrote:I hope the Angels will counter with Wood, Kendrick, E. Santana and anther prospect. Then it will be a tough call for the Marlins.


If I'm the Marlins and I have the choice between Kemp, Laroche and Kershaw or Wood, Kendrick and Santana, I'm going with the Dodger's package in a heartbeat. Laroche >>>> Wood, Kemp >>>> Kendrick and Kershaw is a top prospect while Santana was awful last season and nothing special the two years before. So unless that other prospect is REALLY good, the Angels package doesn't compare. Not even close IMO.
Noggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 527
Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What should your team give up for M-Cab?

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:29 pm

dc928 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:If the Dodgers are going to deal for M-Cab, we could wind up overpaying with the quality prospects we have. In an ideal world, it would be fantastic to deal a top prospect such as Laroche or Kershaw and a couple of filler prospects on the side. Otherwise, I could see the Marlins wanting the offer based around Kemp and Laroche/Kershaw.


Yeh if the Dodgers offers them Kemp, Laroche and Kershaw, I am not sure they can turn it down. In fact, I believe Rotoworld says they are leading the charge to get M-Cab right now. I hope the Angels will counter with Wood, Kendrick, E. Santana and anther prospect. Then it will be a tough call for the Marlins. I really think the Angels need M Cab more than the Dodgers. If I am the Dodgers I probably rather hang on to Kemp.


I highly doubt we would trade Kemp, Laroche, and Kershaw for M-Cab, but I think 2 of the 3 plus a prospect of lesser name would be more reasonable and could do the trick.

Sure, I don't think the Dodgers need M-Cab as much as the Halos. Here's hoping that Laroche snags the everyday 3B job and see if he pans out while Kemp has the makings of a stud with some adjustments and Kershaw is by far our most promising prospect to become a bona fide #1 ace. The Angels at least have a good idea by now as to what Kendrick can do and having been burned by Dallas Macpherson once before, they might be inclined to package in Wood for M-Cab.
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21923
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Re: What should your team give up for M-Cab?

Postby RynMan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:44 pm

If I'm the Marlins, I'm asking for Laroche, Kershaw and Kemp. That's a very good deal for FLA, but are LA stupid enough to do that? Coletti might be. The offer on the table from the Angels isn't bad, but I don't think it's a no-brainer. Kendrick in that stadium could have some success.

As an Oakland fan, no doubt I'd love to see M-Cab in the bay. I don't see it happening....maybe it's just because I can't remember getting any of the premium players in the market for a while. I don't think it's going to happen until the new stadium is built.

You'd probably have to deal someone like Blanton/Haren + Buck/Barton + Suzuki + filler. Even then, I doubt that gets it done, and Oakland can't afford to give away that many pieces (they have no adequate replacements in the fold).

I just can't see the Angels not getting this done. They have had the prospects for years (some have actually diminished in value), need pop, need a 3B, and have the money to throw at a big name franchise player. They HAVE to get this done.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Re: What should your team give up for M-Cab?

Postby Carnac » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:27 pm

Rumors have Kendrick, Saunders, Mathis and Wood going to the Marlins for Cabrera. That would satisy the Marlins wants for a catcher and 3B. The Angels need MCab. He gives great protection for Vlad and could put them into serious contention for a WS.
Carnac
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1396
(Past Year: 72)
Joined: 11 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Strolling down Penny Lane

Re: What should your team give up for M-Cab?

Postby giants8307 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:28 pm

RynMan wrote:If I'm the Marlins, I'm asking for Laroche, Kershaw and Kemp. That's a very good deal for FLA, but are LA stupid enough to do that? Coletti might be. The offer on the table from the Angels isn't bad, but I don't think it's a no-brainer. Kendrick in that stadium could have some success.

As an Oakland fan, no doubt I'd love to see M-Cab in the bay. I don't see it happening....maybe it's just because I can't remember getting any of the premium players in the market for a while. I don't think it's going to happen until the new stadium is built.

You'd probably have to deal someone like Blanton/Haren + Buck/Barton + Suzuki + filler. Even then, I doubt that gets it done, and Oakland can't afford to give away that many pieces (they have no adequate replacements in the fold).

I just can't see the Angels not getting this done. They have had the prospects for years (some have actually diminished in value), need pop, need a 3B, and have the money to throw at a big name franchise player. They HAVE to get this done.


I don't think Coletti would be stupid to do that deal. You'd be lucky if any one of those prospects turns into a player of MCab's calibre. Cabrera is one the best players in the MLB, and it's not like you're surrendering your future, as he's still very young. Prospects are really nice to have, but when you have a chance to get a 24-year-old third baseman who is as productive as MCab is, I think you have to do it. He can help you now and in the future.
Image
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1942
Joined: 21 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Washington, DC

Re: What should your team give up for M-Cab?

Postby apz » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:42 pm

Carnac wrote:Rumors have Kendrick, Saunders, Mathis and Wood going to the Marlins for Cabrera. That would satisy the Marlins wants for a catcher and 3B. The Angels need MCab. He gives great protection for Vlad and could put them into serious contention for a WS.

What do the Marlins do with Uggla if they get Kendrick? Not saying they wouldn't want Kendrick; just curious.
apz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 556
(Past Year: 33)
Joined: 31 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Re: What should your team give up for M-Cab?

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:27 pm

apz wrote:
Carnac wrote:Rumors have Kendrick, Saunders, Mathis and Wood going to the Marlins for Cabrera. That would satisy the Marlins wants for a catcher and 3B. The Angels need MCab. He gives great protection for Vlad and could put them into serious contention for a WS.

What do the Marlins do with Uggla if they get Kendrick? Not saying they wouldn't want Kendrick; just curious.


I would guess one of Wood and Uggla would play 3rd and the other would move to the OF. I'm not sure which would be better suited for the OF.
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pogotheostrich, Ray Zorback and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Houston at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Tampa Bay at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Seattle at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Kansas City at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
NY Mets at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact