Question for those in the technological "know" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Question for those in the technological "know"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question for those in the technological "know"

Postby Mugrila » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:06 pm

So it seems I'll be looking to get a new cell phone as well as a new ipod in the not too distant future, and I was curious if anybody had any experience with the iphone. I'm wondering if that would be the most cost efficient decision since the last phone I bought a year and a half ago ran me about $150 after rebate while my last ipod was around $300 or so (20G, whatever generation 3 years ago.) I have about 2700-3000 songs on there now, so the size of the iphone may be a concern, but I suppose I could cut out some of my songs if necessary. Anybody have any input/suggestions?
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Question for those in the technological "know"

Postby Yoda » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:24 pm

I have the iPod Touch and it is simply amazing. I can only imagine how much better the iPhone is with additional features like the phone and camera. If you can, I would wait 6 months though. I think they will be revamping the iPhones early 08 with even more features and a bigger storage.

Storage shouldn't be too much of an issue since you don't really need to carry 20 gb of music and you can always update your iPod/Phone with a different list.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:49 pm

EDIT: Maddox's rant on the iPhone. As much as I love Maddox, the language is too harsh.

all you need to know about the iphone
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 426)

Postby Tavish » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:15 pm

If the songs are your main concern then the iPhone will be fine.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:23 am

Yoda wrote:I have the iPod Touch and it is simply amazing. I can only imagine how much better the iPhone is with additional features like the phone and camera. If you can, I would wait 6 months though. I think they will be revamping the iPhones early 08 with even more features and a bigger storage.

Do you know if there's any talk of them doing that with the iPod Touch anytime soon? I'm planning on getting one for Christmas but I'll hold off if that's the case, because last time I got an iPod, they came out with color screen ones about 3 months later.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:32 am

im more curious to find out when the iphone will go on the better mobile internet line.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:02 am

Snakes Gould wrote:im more curious to find out when the iphone will go on the better mobile internet line.

Supposedly the 08 version will be 3G capable. Why they left that off the original I will never understand.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Return to General Talk